• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Goldbrook FYI.

From what I've seen, the gunmetal FMJ is a lot different since it's less metallic and isn't nearly as susceptible to peeling.

I don't see Oakley doing anything for it honestly...they have never just given pairs away because something happened and I'm sure the lenses are more important than the frame to them. Some would say you need to take excellent care of them and not use them too much...try telling that to Oakley - the company that makes products to be used not displayed. Just my $0.02...I respect that you used yours and not just kept it stored away!

I don't see Oakley doing anything for it honestly...they have never just given pairs away because something happened and I'm sure the lenses are more important than the frame to them. Some would say you need to take excellent care of them and not use them too much...try telling that to Oakley - the company that makes products to be used not displayed. Just my $0.02...I respect that you used yours and not just kept it stored away!
You are talking about the company that gave away dozens of free glasses simply because there was a glitch in their website's pricing system, even while it was clear many people were trying to take advantage of them. I don't know what they will do about these Goldbrooks, but Oakley has a history of being a pretty stand up company, especially under JJ.

Being that this was a limited edition piece and that Oakley knows FMJ peels, I doubt they'll replace the frame.

Remember, Oakley pulled the plug on the Chrome Fast Jacket before it was even released.

You are talking about the company that gave away dozens of free glasses simply because there was a glitch in their website's pricing system, even while it was clear many people were trying to take advantage of them. I don't know what they will do about these Goldbrooks, but Oakley has a history of being a pretty stand up company, especially under JJ.

If you show me proof that they let someone get a new pair of glasses for free while the original pair was perfectly fine with just a peal of coating, then i will take back what i said. Until then, i stand by that Oakley hasnt done anything for free as far as with warranty. You have to pay for lenses, you have to pay for x metal tune ups, you have to pay for a new pair if yours breaks or gets scratched. Why would they make a special exception for this one pair? I get what you're saying about them sending everyone a pair of glasses for free, BUT it was on their part that the website had a glitch, not ours. And yes, ordering 28 pairs of glasses just to take advantage of a company was quite childish. Now the frames they did send were already discontinued, MPH, and on sale and they were simply getting rid of them anyways. By the way, Jim doesnt run things anymore.

If you show me proof that they let someone get a new pair of glasses for free while the original pair was perfectly fine with just a peal of coating, then i will take back what i said. Until then, i stand by that Oakley hasnt done anything for free as far as with warranty. You have to pay for lenses, you have to pay for x metal tune ups, you have to pay for a new pair if yours breaks or gets scratched. Why would they make a special exception for this one pair? I get what you're saying about them sending everyone a pair of glasses for free, BUT it was on their part that the website had a glitch, not ours. And yes, ordering 28 pairs of glasses just to take advantage of a company was quite childish. Now the frames they did send were already discontinued, MPH, and on sale and they were simply getting rid of them anyways. By the way, Jim doesnt run things anymore.
You did not understand what I just wrote then, I suppose. We don't need to hijack this thread. Hopefully everything works out for you wrist.

So, since we now know that the goldbrooks do peel...has anyone tried clearcoating to prevent peel? There are some clears made for model kits that don't require scuffing before application, and you can get them in a variety of sheens. In theory, it should work.

Back