• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Gone Are The Greats?

FrogTastic

Friend of the Frog
London, UK
Looking through the forum I've wondered what happened to the "greats". I don't see anyone picking up the likes of the below:

Rep exclusive Text Gascan
David Flores 1st or 2nd
C100 Gascan
Brown Juliet
Snow Jungle Water Jacket
Brown Gascan
Bottle Green Gascan
Blue Topcoat.

Just to name afew. Is it because they aren't around, or the collectors are too new to remember these guys?

Collecting is cyclical. They had their peak of popularity and they had their valley. Perhaps it will peak again in our generation. A possible reason why they’re not pulling what they have in the past is because most of those who want it probably already have it.

Oakley still hands out alot of one offs or low production pieces to athletes. Usually colour way never released. I see radar and jawbone 1-offs in the Tour de France and xgames.

Looking through the forum I've wondered what happened to the "greats". I don't see anyone picking up the likes of the below:

Rep exclusive Text Gascan
David Flores 1st or 2nd
C100 Gascan
Brown Juliet
Snow Jungle Water Jacket
Brown Gascan
Bottle Green Gascan
Blue Topcoat.

Just to name afew. Is it because they aren't around, or the collectors are too new to remember these guys?

I remember them all..the Flores ought to be shot out of a cannon or run over with a truck...sorry- cant separate the guy from the art... but I remember all those classics...heck Minutes are becoming "vintage" now...big styles are great for many but I'd like to see more wraps...more jackets...less shields...seems like the trend is to make 2 large lenses then introduce the same model with a shield instead right after...I wanted so much for the Gascans to fit but had to do smalls -I had chance for Bottle Green ones years ago as well as Brown...

you can get all of these still on ebay but you have to pay the right price for them!
those are still dope and a must have for any collector because those are history pieces from OAKLEY!

I think most of the collector's who want them, have them. They're getting to be like rare cars, they only come out when someone decides to make room in their collection for something else.

I have both flores and c100 gascan:

10865d5f.jpg

Yes i need a double wide but cant find one locally...no one will ship!

those are pretty heavy and shipping would cost a few hundred i guess....

Back