• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Gonna Pick-up A New Pair, Which One Would You Get?

I love Ducati series BUT warm gray being one of the worst lenses. My vote goes to the pewter.

Just curious why is warm grey one of the worse lenses? on the oakley site says Light transmission 10% Protection Index 3 same values for Black Iridium , Ice Iridium, dark Grey

Just curious why is warm grey one of the worse lenses? on the oakley site says Light transmission 10% Protection Index 3 same values for Black Iridium , Ice Iridium, dark Grey

It's just not favorable. It isn't necessarily the best to look through either like Rustpot mentioned with the glare factor.

Yes light transmission is 10% with protection index of 3. It's just not really nice to look through them plus they don't have much effects on glare. Everything seems dull. I prefer the dark grey over warm grey. I remembered this one thread about "your least favorite lenses" and my reply was "It's like watching an old film". Personal preference I guess but I've tried almost every lens color and this one is by far my least favorite.

My heart says Ducati - but my head says Ti.

If the Duc had Black Iridium lenses then it would be a no-brainer because of the usual lsick colorway - but they put in a poncey Warm Grey instead which completely gefurkles its appeal.

So go Ti. You'll thank us later.

Thanks guys, all great responses. Have to admit that I was leaning towards the Ti just because of the warm grey lens in the Ducati.

If it's any help, I like warm grey. I have it in my Global Gascan and, like my VR28 BI pairs, I like the warmer colors. It is refreshing from the typical grey based lenses. I do not have any Ducati glasses because I won't have glasses without having the motorcycle, so I'd choose Ti out of the two, but don't knock Warm Grey out until you try it.

Im finding warm grey to be a okay color in sun and okay for cloudy days as well. I am however a bit dissapointed in how Iridium coating is so weak and sensitive to take care off .

Figured I better update date this post. Ti Crosshair ordered today. Putting the ducati version on the back burner for now. Thanks for all the advice.

Latest Posts

Back