• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Good Buy? Plasma Juliets

joby619

Oakley Beginner
San Diego
These are actually my cousins glasses that I am about to purchase. The good: nose bridge is really tight and the finish is almost mint. The bad: the left lens is starting to peel right underneath the "polarized" etching. He said with my cousin discount he wants $180. What do you guys think?

e99440c9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
good deal. buy it no hesitation.

the ice polarised are rare-ish lenses.. and if a tiny peel happens under the polarised etch it doesnt really affect the lens unless it spreads. oils and sweat cause that peeling, so give it a good thorough wash with mild soap (go look for our how to clean your frames thread and work from there) and it should stop the peeling. make sure you dry it down well.

Thanks for the input. I am buying them now for $180 and he is buying lunch! I was really worried about the finish peeling, but as long as the spreading can be stopped I feel good about it.

Thanks for the input. I am buying them now for $180 and he is buying lunch! I was really worried about the finish peeling, but as long as the spreading can be stopped I feel good about it.

wait you said the lens was peeling, not the frame right? lens peeling can be stopped by keeping it clean, and also, dont pick at it lol.

if the frame starts to peel/chip, same deal. its just a more expensive problem haha.

good score on the free lunch. whoever said theres no such thing..

I agree. Ice polarized lenses were $95 new, so even used, they are worth around $75. I routinely see these go on eBay for $250-$275 range. $180 is a decent "cousin" price.

yeah, its the lens finish that is peeling... almost like the blue is chipping off, but it is so small that it will not show up in any pictures. I will do a good cleaning when I get home and hopefully it doesn't spread. The plasma finish looks really good.

$180 is decent as you said, its the free lunch that pushes it over the edge!

Also be careful about cleaning the lenses with the microfiber bag. Rubbing too hard will also worsen it over time since it's already damaged. Even still, new Ice lenses can still be had for $65 (non-polarized).