• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Good morning. New member as of this morning.

LaramieBrian

Oakley Beginner
I have a question regarding the Tie Bar Frames - OX5138 in Satin Black. I wore the Tin Cup models for about 4 years and moved to the Tie Bar about 2 1/2 years ago. Issue with the first frame after about a year was peeling finish on the ear pieces. Oakley replaced the frames through my Optometrist. Having the same issue and getting worse daily with the second pair. Is this a known issue with these titanium frames? Has Oakley addressed this? Is there possibly an ear sock that can cover this up - I have not been able to find anything made specifically for this frame. At $300 a pair this is frustrating. Anyone with suggestions or assistance is GREATLY appreciated. :cool:
Thank you, Brian

Attachments

• F1.pdf
    680.5 KB · Views: 120
  • F2.pdf
    652.8 KB · Views: 119
  • F3.pdf
    639.2 KB · Views: 132
hi-jim-carrey.gif

I have a question regarding the Tie Bar Frames - OX5138 in Satin Black. I wore the Tin Cup models for about 4 years and moved to the Tie Bar about 2 1/2 years ago. Issue with the first frame after about a year was peeling finish on the ear pieces. Oakley replaced the frames through my Optometrist. Having the same issue and getting worse daily with the second pair. Is this a known issue with these titanium frames? Has Oakley addressed this? Is there possibly an ear sock that can cover this up - I have not been able to find anything made specifically for this frame. At $300 a pair this is frustrating. Anyone with suggestions or assistance is GREATLY appreciated. :cool:
Thank you, Brian
I just purchased a pair the beginning of this year, I just noticed mine is peeling away too on the inner ear pieces, unfortunately they made no ear rubbers for theses, but if you look around at Oakley ear pieces you might be able to find a set that will fit, maybe from the wire lines

Back