• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Got a brand new Mars today.

No problem at all Bonz, a time capsule such as this deserved to be documented for you all who appreciate them as much as I do. Wife thought I was bit crazy, with the whole thing, especially when she walked in and I had the hair dryer aimed at the label. I think I actually heard her eyes roll back as I explained what I was doing.
Ya mine thinks im pretty crazy most of the time too lol

this is an awesome thread and that is a very beautiful pair of one of the most hideous designs ever produced. i would happily own a pair as a collectors item and discussion piece. i personally blame this as the beginning of what i call the bug eye (oversized) sunglasses trend. (one of the several things i hoped would die off quickly but became a normal part of every day life, like face book and skinny jeans)

sorry, little bit of a rant there.

How did I miss this!?

Lol, but you see it now!

I missed it too!

Congratulations @beau1890.

Bet there was a bit of adrenaline coursing through your veins on this adventure!

Sure was man. I spent 5 min just peeling the label back to make sure I didn't tear anything. All worth it though, only had to wipe out the box and wash up the bag a bit from the foam. The rest was just like the day it got put in the box in 1998.

Back