• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Got a brand new Mars today.

Lol, but you see it now!

Sure was man. I spent 5 min just peeling the label back to make sure I didn't tear anything. All worth it though, only had to wipe out the box and wash up the bag a bit from the foam. The rest was just like the day it got put in the box in 1998.

Excellent stuff mate!

The foam mean *** all and @Ali Foam can supply you with some fresh stuff if so required!

Glad these are now out in the wild and hopefully going to get some face time!

Keep flying the flag for X-Metals, brother!

Excellent stuff mate!

The foam mean *** all and @Ali Foam can supply you with some fresh stuff if so required!

Glad these are now out in the wild and hopefully going to get some face time!

Keep flying the flag for X-Metals, brother!

Oh they should be seeing the light of day regularly now. X-Metal is definitely my thing, in case anyone has missed that. And many thanks for the kind words. :hi:

wild!! thanks for sharing

No problem, thanks for taking a look and welcome to the forum!

Sweet find bro

Thanks man, not often you get to get a hold of an actual unworn pair.

Congrats on this one. You got to love the matching low serials along with a great story!!

General question to the group or @SiRacer420 , did the store write the serial on the label prior to sealing the box? I always assumed they used the barcode number on the bottom but that one doesn’t match the frame nor the written serial in this instance.

Congrats on this one. You got to love the matching low serials along with a great story!!

General question to the group or @SiRacer420 , did the store write the serial on the label prior to sealing the box? I always assumed they used the barcode number on the bottom but that one doesn’t match the frame nor the written serial in this instance.
They did those before they left the factory. Stores probably never even noticed it.

Sorry, was driving all day to get back home. But what he said 👇And it was later on that they started adding the serial in printed form on the label. The early R1s, Mars and Juliets had the written serial. The really early R1s they wrote the serial in white ink directly on the box in one of the top corners usually.

They did those before they left the factory. Stores probably never even noticed it.

And with how SGH displays the pairs out of box and just finds a box in the drawer for the frame, made it even worse on serial XMs.

Back