• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Got A Little Cocky On Ebay...got My First Fake!

jiveSEVEN

I Should Work at Oakley...
Denver, CO
So after getting some really cheap, authentic Juliets on ebay ($170 carbon/ice and $125 plasma/ice 1st gen), I thought I was on a roll and found an x metal/ruby for $125.00. The seller had good feedback with all his previous Oakley sales so I thought, "What the hell another steal!". So I get my usual packages in the mail (will post 2012 pickups later) and excited to get these as I was gonna take out the ruby and put black iridium in them. I open the package and notice it as a fake right away! Damn you ebay! Here are the pics! By the way seller's name is "gotucovered580".

wsDAv.jpg

Notice here how the end of the ear stem points outward...
mPNLl.jpg

Dead giveaway, no rubber gaskets in the bottom orbital. There are actually T6 screws in these orbitals but taking them out does even do anything since the orbitals don't even come apart to remove the lens!
5cUDG.jpg

These aren't even T6 screws in the arm hinges
9ONwE.jpg

Juliets don't usually have those in the nose area where you can stick a flathead in...
q5XkR.jpg

In all honesty though, a regular joe wouldn't be able to point these out and would think these were legit. A lot of other buyers on his feedback left positive statements saying they were happy with their glasses. The seller said he would refund me if I sent these back but he says he doesn't agree with them being fake. Beware!

well, it shouldn't be a problem for you to get your money back. I would even keep the fakes so you can show everyone else what to look out for!

It happens to the best of us buddy. About a year ago I bought a pair of what was described as BNIB polished black w/ ruby Frogskins. They'd been out of production for quite a while and they had a BNIB price real low and I thought I'd found a steal. The seller was new but like you I'd been on a roll and thought I'd got the jump on everybody. The seller was supposedly based in Holland but they shipped from China, which was the first sign something was up, and then when they arrived and I got them out the box the fears were proved right and they were so fake it wasn't even funny.

If you paid by PayPal you will get your money back. I emailed the seller straight away and he admitted they were fake and said he'd refund me if I sent them back. I wasn't having that so I opened a dispute via eBay. I had to get written confirmation from Oakley that the Frogskins were fake but Oakley customer services in the UK were great, I sent them to them and they provided a letter pointing out each and every reason why they were fake and sent it and the frames back to me. I sent a copy of the letter to eBay and they refunded me the full amount plus I got to keep the sunglasses and didn't have to send them back to the douche seller.

Back