• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Got Any Odd "Oakley Habits?"

Frogskins

I am Jim Jannard...
New Jersey
I just got back from lunch and I did what I always do when I eat out ...

I take a napkin, put it on the table, and carefully place my Oakleys on the napkin, making sure that my glasses don't touch the table.

Giving it thought, why do I do this?

To make sure that the table top doesn't scratch my frames? :blink:

Was thinking (and I guess also hoping,) that I'm not the only one that does this ...

So anyone else do this or have any other odd "Oakley handling habits?"

I just got back from lunch and I did what I always do when I eat out ...

I take a napkin, put it on the table, and carefully place my Oakleys on the napkin, making sure that my glasses don't touch the table.

Giving it thought, why do I do this?

To make sure that the table top doesn't scratch my frames? :blink:

Was thinking (and I guess also hoping,) that I'm not the only one that does this ...

So anyone else do this or have any other odd "Oakley handling habits?"

I do the same thing...

I once had the daughter of a local mexican joint spray me with some cleaning solution (she was like 5 or something)... I proceded to clean my Ducati Five Squared with a cleaning kit right away.

I have no idea what was in the spray bottle so I wanted to make sure I got any possible solevents off the lenses and frames.

I do the same thing...

I once had the daughter of a local mexican joint spray me with some cleaning solution (she was like 5 or something)... I proceded to clean my Ducati Five Squared with a cleaning kit right away.

I have no idea what was in the spray bottle so I wanted to make sure I got any possible solevents off the lenses and frames.

Nice!

Gimme a High 5, my fellow, anal, Oakley collector! :thumb:

I keep a spare microfiber that I use when I go out to eat. My glasses are on that, never on anything else. My wife tells me I cam crazy as I refuse to just put my gear down with out it being on something Oakley.

That's nothing, this is how I clean my glasses:

First, i take them apart, separating the frames from the lenses. I proceed to wash them with mild hand soap. I then hand dry the frame very carefully with a soft towel. After the frame is dry, I put on exam gloves, and i have two Oakley cleaning kits that i use, one for drying, one for buffing. I take each lens, spray them with cleaning solution, use the first O microfiber to dry them off, and the second to buff. (I had made buffing possible by cleaning the lenses of all grit beforehand. Whenever those dudes at my local vault dry-buff the glasses they have in stock, i cringe!). After buffing, i inspect each lens under light for any cleaning residue. After none is found, i install each lens into the frame (the exam gloves enable me to do this without fingerprinting the lenses) and then i place the glasses in my display overnight without their microfiber for extra dry time. In the morning, i put the fullly dried glasses into the microfiber bag to keep the dust off.

I do this almost every time i wear a pair of Oakleys. Almost everybody that knows about this thinks I am a nut, but when they ask how old some of my glasses are, they are dumbfounded when they find out. And i wear every single pair I own! They all look like they were just bought.

Here's one for you, Dr Phil ...

First, i take them apart, separating the frames from the lenses. I proceed to wash them with mild hand soap. I then hand dry the frame very carefully with a soft towel. After the frame is dry, I put on exam gloves, and i have two Oakley cleaning kits that i use, one for drying, one for buffing. I take each lens, spray them with cleaning solution, use the first O microfiber to dry them off, and the second to buff. (I had made buffing possible by cleaning the lenses of all grit beforehand. Whenever those dudes at my local vault dry-buff the glasses they have in stock, i cringe!). After buffing, i inspect each lens under light for any cleaning residue. After none is found, i install each lens into the frame (the exam gloves enable me to do this without fingerprinting the lenses) and then i place the glasses in my display overnight without their microfiber for extra dry time. In the morning, i put the fullly dried glasses into the microfiber bag to keep the dust off.

I do this almost every time i wear a pair of Oakleys. Almost everybody that knows about this thinks I am a nut, but when they ask how old some of my glasses are, they are dumbfounded when they find out. And i wear every single pair I own! They all look like they were just bought.

:blink:

Brah, and here I thought I was too anal about my glasses, haha! I do almost the same thing, but I only clean like that once a week and without the gloves (can't say that it didn't cross my mind to use gloves in the past though, lol). Whenever I do clean though, I use the bag to hold the lenses while I pop them back into the frames, to avoid finger prints. And at least once a month I'll apply hydrophobic solution after I wash my lenses.

Latest Posts

Back