• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Got Any Odd "Oakley Habits?"

I have OCD, sooooooooo.... Explaining my ritual on the care, cleaning, storing, transporting, packing, shipping, wearing, or anything that involves, handling, wearing, showing, modding or the mere staring at would be a novel for me to write..... Unfortunately, due to the fact I have now just talked about them, I gotta go clean them, soooooooooo, BYE!

I have OCD, sooooooooo.... Explaining my ritual on the care, cleaning, storing, transporting, packing, shipping, wearing, or anything that involves, handling, wearing, showing, modding or the mere staring at would be a novel for me to write..... Unfortunately, due to the fact I have now just talked about them, I gotta go clean them, soooooooooo, BYE!

BUUUWAAAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!! I just cleaned one if my dogs tonight, after I posted my response, Hahahaha!

Well, i just got back from a hunting trip with my buddies, and brought an Oakley cleaning kit along, after each night of hunting, i would dish out the cleaning kit, pop the lenses out of my Flak's clean the frame with Q-tips and a microfiber, then clean the lenses with lens cleaner and a micro fiber, i would then place them in the Vault very neatly and covered by the micro fiber, so nothing could get one them.

Never put the glasses down without placing them upside down on microfibre.
If my glasses aren't on my face, they're in the bag.
No hair goop or bird poop for my precious.
:eek:

I don't put mine down. They are either on my eyes or sitting on my forehead. If I do put them down for some reason it is generally on a bag so they don't get wrecked. My wife thinks I'm crazy, she doesn't go to any of the lengths with her oakleys. To each their own right.

If my glasses aren't on my face, they're in the bag.
:eek:

+1
While I'm out and about, I never put my sunglasses down anywhere, either in a microbag or not. But that's just cos I don't want them lost or stolen.
They are either on my face, perched on my head (no hair-product worries for me!), or in a microbag in my pocket.
When I get home, they are wiped well with a microbag and then put away in their own microbag.

Back to the original post - I think the only 'Oakley Habit' that I have is the routine of putting my sunglasses into their microbag in exactly the same way each time. Fold in left earstem. Fold in right earstem. Then slide into microbag left-side first.

The only exception to this rule is if there is a print only on the left earstem - e.g. Red Shift Soviet Hijinx or Augie's Quest Hijinx - when I don't want the right earstemresting against it.
It always feels weird putting those pairs away "the wrong way".
Haha.

I have noticed that if I take a pair out of my display to wear (not often) that I never seem to put them back in...

I think its because they are now used, but I really dont know why to be honest...

+1
While I'm out and about, I never put my sunglasses down anywhere, either in a microbag or not. But that's just cos I don't want them lost or stolen.
They are either on my face, perched on my head (no hair-product worries for me!), or in a microbag in my pocket.
When I get home, they are wiped well with a microbag and then put away in their own microbag.

Back to the original post - I think the only 'Oakley Habit' that I have is the routine of putting my sunglasses into their microbag in exactly the same way each time. Fold in left earstem. Fold in right earstem. Then slide into microbag left-side first.

The only exception to this rule is if there is a print only on the left earstem - e.g. Red Shift Soviet Hijinx or Augie's Quest Hijinx - when I don't want the right earstemresting against it.
It always feels weird putting those pairs away "the wrong way".
Haha.

I do the same thing with my Soviet Jinx.

We need help sir ...

Latest Posts

Back