• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Got Any Odd "Oakley Habits?"

That's nothing, this is how I clean my glasses:

First, i take them apart, separating the frames from the lenses. I proceed to wash them with mild hand soap. I then hand dry the frame very carefully with a soft towel. After the frame is dry, I put on exam gloves, and i have two Oakley cleaning kits that i use, one for drying, one for buffing. I take each lens, spray them with cleaning solution, use the first O microfiber to dry them off, and the second to buff. (I had made buffing possible by cleaning the lenses of all grit beforehand. Whenever those dudes at my local vault dry-buff the glasses they have in stock, i cringe!). After buffing, i inspect each lens under light for any cleaning residue. After none is found, i install each lens into the frame (the exam gloves enable me to do this without fingerprinting the lenses) and then i place the glasses in my display overnight without their microfiber for extra dry time. In the morning, i put the fullly dried glasses into the microfiber bag to keep the dust off.

I do this almost every time i wear a pair of Oakleys. Almost everybody that knows about this thinks I am a nut, but when they ask how old some of my glasses are, they are dumbfounded when they find out. And i wear every single pair I own! They all look like they were just bought.

Meticulously done.

I forgot to add this to my "odd" habit. I clean my Oakley right after I used them. Especially those with unobtanium rubbers. I don't have a big collection but I wear all my glasses in rotation so a pair would sit in my storage for atleast 2 weeks before I use them again. I don't want sweat to stay in the rubbers that long so I thought I'd clean them right after.

Sometimes when I'm bored out of my skull, I'll just start trying on basically every pair I own while checking myself out in the mirror...

Please don't tell me I'm the only one that does this ...

Sometimes when I'm bored out of my skull, I'll just start trying on basically every pair I own while checking myself out in the mirror...

Please don't tell me I'm the only one that does this ...

Haha! I did this the other night but only with about 10 pairs. I usually only do it though when I am thinking of getting rid of some pairs to fund others. The "meh" ones are usually the ones to go.

Back