• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Got Fired Yesterday :-(

Makeemsayunhhh

Oakley Beginner
Salem, Oregon
Totally got fired yesterday. First time it's ever happened to me like that so in a little bit of shock. Plus now I won't get my 55% o-matter discount :-(

Worst part is I had my recent trade sent to me at work and it's still in transit. So now I gotta go pick it up in person. Yippee!

Oh well life goes on, just gotta keep on keepin' on! Knocking on wood for everybody else out there.

What was the reason for the termination?

apparently im "too laid back" to be "the strong leader" they are looking for. Basically I wasn't enough of a prick to be a boss is what it boiled down to. That and no one really buys high sunglasses in Oregon (compared to Florida, Alabama, Georgia, Arizona etc where their other locations are), especially in an outdoor outlet mall. I kind of got blamed for the lack of sales because they did so well (in the summer) with the old manager before me.

I'm still a little butthurt about the whole thing, but I guess I understand. I'll live. I've been through worse. My son is 6 months old so I can at least spend more time with him than I have been. Every situation has plus sides I guess.

apparently im "too laid back" to be "the strong leader" they are looking for. Basically I wasn't enough of a prick to be a boss is what it boiled down to. That and no one really buys high sunglasses in Oregon (compared to Florida, Alabama, Georgia, Arizona etc where their other locations are), especially in an outdoor outlet mall. I kind of got blamed for the lack of sales because they did so well (in the summer) with the old manager before me.

I'm still a little butthurt about the whole thing, but I guess I understand. I'll live. I've been through worse. My son is 6 months old so I can at least spend more time with him than I have been. Every situation has plus sides I guess.

:thumb: heads up and all the best for your future endeavours! And nothing beats quality family time with your little kiddo!

Pfft my balls...not too strict to be a boss...now that's a new one for me...
Keep your head up! Everything happens for a reason!

Latest Posts

Back