• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Got Me A Bottlecap!

None of Oakley's watches use tritium for the luminescent hands. Oakley uses a photoluminescent paint to achieve the glow, which is charged by light.

I was wondering that based on the OP pics. Made it seem like the watch stood out more then the luminox. I didn't think Oakley was using tritium. The painted luminescent hands only glow for a short time that bright and figured it was something different. Thanks!

I was wondering that based on the OP pics. Made it seem like the watch stood out more then the luminox. I didn't think Oakley was using tritium. The painted luminescent hands only glow for a short time that bright and figured it was something different. Thanks!
I have owned watches in the past that used tritium and I thought it was pretty badass. The tritium isn't as bright as the fully charged photo luminescent paint, but of course that brightness doesn't usually last very long on the paint with the Oakley watches. I actually prefer the tritium. I have a Seiko Astron with the photo luminescent paint on the hands and hour markers and it is much brighter than my Oakley watches, and will stay illuminated all night. The Seiko has much more paint on the markers than my Oakley watches though.

Correct, the hands are charged by light. I was surprised how bright it got also. That picture I took was after a days use running around town on errands, etc. Last night I wore it to sleep and I could see the hands fine in the dark when I woke up a few times.

Love the stealth, nice buy I just got the stealth one myself brand new for under $200 usd and love it.. Congrats

Latest Posts

Back