• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Got My Carbon Blades

They look AWESOME!!!

Man - you beat me by a day! Mine are supposed to be here tomorrow.... I like the "polarization is perfect!" comment - +1 there, I totally agree on the others too - will compare them to the Ferrari tomorrow.

Do you have any of the others???

Also, FWIW the Jupiter has the same color/type of lens so I bought one. I love the color & clarity!

I didn't buy any other Ferrari editions. As the carbon blades were the only ones I thought I would look good wearing. But yes the polarization is definitely far superior !

I like them all - they stick to my face like good tires stick to the road [maybe on a Ferrari]. And i can color-coordinate as needed - one to go with just about anything. The matte/black\grey I can wear with a suit and tie.

We'll played man! It's good to have variety! And if I was to get another pair of Ferrari editions it would be the style switch. They look sick! I just liked the look of the carbon blades a bit more so I went with these instead.

I didn't buy any other Ferrari editions. As the carbon blades were the only ones I thought I would look good wearing. But yes the polarization is definitely far superior !

I am STRONGLY recommending y'all check out the other colorways - the Ferrari is my 3rd or 4th favorite out of the 6. These are all the same glasses and aside from the case and bag the 'pop' is in the eye of the beholder. I've repeated this enough, updated my initial review, I'll shut up now and let y'all go decide for yourselves but once more PLEASE - go see these before you jump into a Ferrari ;)

I don't want jump on the band wagon here on how great these blades are I was very much excited to check this out I checked it out my self at the vault here in vegas tried it on I inspected them thoroughly I was not that amazed by it its sturdy thin and in my opinion will break easily with everyday use and valuability is low in the future in my opinion its a good everyday and a beater pair in my opinion but for 300 bucks ouch not my cup of tea.

sturdy thin and in my opinion will break easily with everyday use

I've already had one of my kids drop them twice and a package land on a pair. I'm not concerned about these any more that any other high-quality thick plastic or think metal (ex: TinCan). It is amazing how [quality, strong] carbon fiber is and how well it holds over time when properly made/woven/spun/finished.

That said there is CF out there that is JUNK. These are not those IMO. I have worked with that JUNK. I expect my Carbon Blades to hold up for a long time. This includes retaining their form in certain areas where their plastic and metal counterparts would fail - and likewise 'giving' a bit at the same time.... After all, this isn't exactly X-Metal we're talking about here!

It will be interesting to see what stories we hear of... the hows and whys these things break moving forward, when they do. To me, practically everything less X-Metal is just as vulnerable in some way, shape, or form, in my opinion - and that is my opinion after passing my initial, but inadvertent 'kid tests' and 'smash tests' ;)

I think they have more than sufficient Carbon Fiber for the average human, not quite ballistics-grade, but enough to make a solid piece for daily use, titanium hinges, etc... If anything is in peril to me it is the open design of the lenses, as is the case with many others.

Also if they do break that easily Oakley will have a nightmare warranty situation on their hands!

Last edited:
I've already had one of my kids drop them twice and a package land on a pair. I'm not concerned about these any more that any other high-quality thick plastic or think metal (ex: TinCan). It is amazing how [quality, strong] carbon fiber is and how well it holds over time when properly made/woven/spun/finished.

That said there is CF out there that is JUNK. These are not those IMO. I have worked with that JUNK. I expect my Carbon Blades to hold up for a long time. This includes retaining their form in certain areas where their plastic and metal counterparts would fail - and likewise 'giving' a bit at the same time.... After all, this isn't exactly X-Metal we're talking about here!

It will be interesting to see what stories we here of... the hows and whys these things break moving forward, when they do. To me, practically everything less X-Metal is just as vulnerable in some way, shape, or form, in my opinion - and that is my opinion after passing my initial, but inadvertent 'kid tests' and 'smash tests' ;)

I think they have more than sufficient Carbon Fiber for the average human, not quite ballistics-grade, but enough to make a solid piece for daily use, titanium hinges, etc... If anything is in peril to me it is the open design of the lenses, as is the case with many others.

Also if they do break that easily Oakley will have a nightmare warranty situation on their hands!

I see your point bro but Oakley gives only 1 year of warranty its just that the over all feel for me and impression is THIS IS NOT WORTH A 350 BUCKS SUNGLASSES plus tax you know even the sales person does agree the wiretaps are 250 each polarized and is aluminum those looks more expensive than these so called blades in my opinion anyway thanks bro for the great review.

Back