• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Got My Grail At A Bargain!

Feelin' Froggy

Oakley Beginner
Vintage Gen 2 (1996) Crystal Black w/+Red UNWORN w/Box and Bag!

Got them on the 'bay for $150!

photo-14.jpg

photo5-1.jpg

photo4-2.jpg

photo3-5.jpg

photo2-7.jpg

Can't believe this was even available!

And I hate to admit it, but since I have a pair already that are serviceable, these might end up being a shelf-hoe (but clean not dirty one) Ha! :cool:

Thanks! Actually also got a vintage pair of Original Fives (FMJ 9mm/Black) that are prob a 9 out of 10 about an hour later on there. They should be here tomorrow..

Funny thing about that is, they are the pair I got to replace these Frogs back in '97. #WhatIsOldIsNewAgain

Dude not trying to rain on your parade, but I don't believe you have what you think you have. Gen 2 hinges were not beveled like that. They took on a look that you can see in this thread: http://www.oakleyforum.com/oakley-frogskins-exchange/9623-two-left-frog-stems-only-ten-bucks.html

Plus its my understanding that the gen 2's came with a plastic clear box and the gen 1's came in the box that you have. This part I am less certain about.

Appreciate the help/input dude.

They appear to be the same exact frame as the vintage pair I got from someone on this board, as well as an old pair a got from a personal friend. And the box is what I remember getting when I got at least one of my old pairs in the 90's. I think the clear plastic was just Gen 1. I'm 100% on the lenses.

Not referring to the color it is all in the hinges. The gen 3 are more reinforced the gen 2 are not. See that picture I linked and some modern frogs for reference. Don't want to argue about it though just wanted to point that out.

Back