• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying Got original Penny lenses?

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
U

Username Hidden

All winter I was wearing my Juliets and had left my Pennys in my display case untouched for the most part. I went and got a haircut the other day (I go real short in the summer) and I also went away and got a bit of color last week. Came back and put my VR28 Pennys on…and I think I fell in love with them again! Glad I didn't sell them off…because they are growing back on me again. I have a LOT of Big Taco donor lenses that are going to @Chris A Hardaway real soon, and most were going to be cut for the Juliet. BUT….I think I am going to have him cut more for my Penny rather than for my Juliets.

With that said, who still has some BNIB original Penny lenses? Curious as to what is still left out there. I have several different sets, but am getting ready to move and would like to have everything bought and cut before I do so. Thanks!!

Harry

Some people reacted to this post.
Big tacos are rare now. So if anyone trades for penny they come out ahead! Help dude out !

You know damn well I'm keeping all my Big Tacos!!! I messed up….I only grabbed the box full of polarized versions, I should have grabbed both bins….both polar and non polar. But oh well…I have well over a dozen. Get ready to free up a weekend bro because you have a great deal of cutting to do!! Before I forget…the Penny frame I am sending with the lenses….I may have you send the frame to what's his face to have it black cerekoted. I'm still on the fence on what pair to have cerekoted. I have all the Penny versions aside from copper…not a fan. I will probably send you the pair that also needs the bridge to be tightened so I can get it all done in one shot. Another week or two and you will have them bro, thanks @Chris A Hardaway!!!

I'm so dumb lol. I totally thought you were trying to trade even though the title says buying. Yes save those tacos send them to me with your beat up any frame. We can send it to @THE X-MAN after. You just fill out the paperwork online for what you want and throw it in the box with the penny and taco lenses to cut. But it's all good bro good luck.

Oh…my bad, I'm always up for buying OEM Penny lenses. But customs work fine. I have two boxes, one box for Juliets, and one box for Penny. See….I want two BLACK frames to go with the 24K lenses. I have one carbon black juliet frame…it's a Ducatti. Penny never made carbon. So…I was going to use the Ducatti frame and a titanium Penny frame for the 24K lenses. I saw that pic of I think it was "Dr. Chops" Minute Machine watch and Penny both cerecoted in black with red lenses and rubbers and red face. AWSOME. My Minute Machine is polished, so I'm not going to strip it and cerecoted….but I will be keeping my eye open for a MM with a red face. I was told it was far too time consuming for him to do watches, so will probably need to find someone else to do a watch. I'm getting ahead of myself. I need to get all this done before my move…you gave me your time frame, I should reach out to @THE X-MAN and see how much time he needs to cerekote my Penny black. I would like to find a cheap Juliet frame and have him do the same treatment. I have a 24K lens (polar iridium) that you cut for a Juiet, but want 2 back ups, and one for the Penny. They better let me carry all this on my person as I am NOT checking this stuff in!!

I've got a pie of genuine penny vr28 lenses in the box. What's your offer?

Username Hidden said:
I've got a pie of genuine penny vr28 lenses in the box. What's your offer?

PM incoming….