• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Got the new Frogskins Kokoro and Sutro lite Odyssey collection

Vincent_LD

Oakley Beginner
Last purchase, Frogskins Kokoro and Sutro lite odyssey,

The Kokoro are just perfect, love them, that's my favorite go to pair, the only things is the Prizm black is noticeably lighter than my other Prizm black but still enough dark.
I'm a black frame guy, (wind jacket matte black, sutro matte black, frogskins shiny black and now forgskins kokoro matte black) so the contrast between the front which is black and the colorful background is perfect, I like to think it's a little bit like me, calm and compose outside with a little punch when needed. Since I got several concussion and as the sport take a good place in my life to feel better and balance things in my life. The meaning of kokoro (Heart, mind and spirit) take all it sense for me.

On the other hand, the Sutro lite Odyssey are not quite up to my expectation. On the website the look very dark/greyish blue, I got a cellphone case, a Garmin watch strap, bib shorts and winter jacket in this color, but the frame is a lot lighter blue than on the website. So as a black frame guy, I don't like them, I didn't try them on the bike yet but the Prizm road black seams very good and it seams to fill a spot in my VLT range. So I don't know what I will do with them. Maybe just sell or trade the frame since I like the lens. I attach pictures for those who where thinking buying them to see the real color and don't do the same mistake. Cellphone case and Oakley website picture for reference.

IMG_1051.jpeg

IMG_1052.PNG

IMG_1054.jpeg

Last edited:
The websites images are never right. The icons look different, sometimes there’s no etching when there sold be or vise versa

The websites images are never right. The icons look different, sometimes there’s no etching when there sold be or vise versa
Yeah right, in this specific case, on the website the nosebridge is blue and in real it’s black same for the rubber temple.

I bought a custom pair of splatter Flak 2.0 several months back because the splatter looked very bright and vibrant on the Oakley site….once I got them the splatter was so muted looking I was definitely disappointed.

Update
I made a hour bike ride and the Sutro lite Odyssey are almost perfect. I love the lens, it's just dark enough for bright days and the rimless frame made the sunglass disappear. Very handy when looking for cars. Like the Regular sutro the nosepiece is very confortable and hold well but the rubberized temples made them way more stable.
So after that I will never put my regular Sutro to ride. :(
But still I don't like the color :( and it's the only way (that I know, not even available on parts and pieces from luxotica) to have Prizm Road Black in Sutro lite.
So i'll check my option.

Update
I made a hour bike ride and the Sutro lite Odyssey are almost perfect. I love the lens, it's just dark enough for bright days and the rimless frame made the sunglass disappear. Very handy when looking for cars. Like the Regular sutro the nosepiece is very confortable and hold well but the rubberized temples made them way more stable.
So after that I will never put my regular Sutro to ride. :(
But still I don't like the color :( and it's the only way (that I know, not even available on parts and pieces from luxotica) to have Prizm Road Black in Sutro lite.
So i'll check my option.
Have one of the guys paint your frames the way you want? @Bonz-1 perhaps?

Since I saw the Sutro lite, I wish I didn't have the regular one with Prizm road. With already a Prizm road lens, it was difficult for me to justify to buy an other pair with a similar lens. But when I tried the lite it was obvious that the lite was more suitable for my needs than the regular.
At the same time I wanted a pair of Frogskins Kokoro, so when I saw the Odyssey with Prizm black (which fill a needed spot in my sport sunglass in term of VLT lens. I ride a lot outside in the sun, sometime 4-5h even sometime 8h per ride) combine with the 25% deal, combine with, the buy a second pair and 30% off the second. It was the push to get both.
So, in final I decide to keep the Sutro lite Prizm road black lens (which I really like) and get a pair of Sutro lite Prizm road jade(Black matte frame) before the 25% deal end,
I'll do a Frankenstein with them (Prizm road black and matte black frame) and probably try to sell or trade the Odyssey frame.
End of the story.

Back