• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Gotta Save On Gas... Whatever It Takes!

hereispunishment

I should Work at Oakley
Big ol Texas
This is the kinda crap I get too see in west Texas. Yes... That's 4 guys.
2014-07-23 11.18.38.jpg

Gee officer....you mean even though it is only supposed to really seat two we can't put four guys on it? Haven't you ever heard of us? We are the 4 guys scooter riding crew! :lolsign:

Anyway...that wouldn't fly over here.

AND NO HELMETS!!??

No helmet law in Texas - there was one around 20 - 25 years ago but it got repealed, one of those adults-can-make-their-own-decisions things.

Personally, though I support not having a helmet law, I think riding without one is a Darwin Award-level stupid decision... I probably wouldn't be here today if I hadn't been wearing one in my motorcycle accident...

Re: the pic, I was thinking it's a good thing they weren't trying that on a pocket bike...

No helmet law in Texas - there was one around 20 - 25 years ago but it got repealed, one of those adults-can-make-their-own-decisions things.

Personally, though I support not having a helmet law, I think riding without one is a Darwin Award-level stupid decision... I probably wouldn't be here today if I hadn't been wearing one in my motorcycle accident...

Re: the pic, I was thinking it's a good thing they weren't trying that on a pocket bike...

Which is stupid because they have mandatory seat belt laws.....which is more dangerous: riding without a helmet on a bike or a seat belt in a car?

Which is stupid because they have mandatory seat belt laws.....which is more dangerous: riding without a helmet on a bike or a seat belt in a car?

I agree completely - politically I think it's because a seatbelt law, which applies to most everybody, has more weight and less % of complainers. Compared to a smaller slice of bike riders, who have a higher percentage of "don't Bogart my freedom" personality types, and thus were a squeakier wheel and eventually got the grease...

But I don't really know; I'm just guessing. And, despite law enforcement's best efforts, I believe that laws are mostly followed out of people's buy-in - big picture, people don't follow laws out of fear of punishment (at least the majority of people) and primarily cops bust those who don't believe in a law over those who just don't know any better...

...but I'm not a cop and I could have my head up my @ss...

Back