• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Gray Polarized Vs Black Iridium Polarized

Yes, BIP is 9% trans but IMO it's not "too" dark, at least for what you describe. But some of that's subjective.

If you're looking for a more versatile all-around lens tint, perhaps you should consider VR28 BIP. From the outside they look nearly identical to BIP but the VR28 base tint provides a color-enhancing contrast that works better in cloudy or shaded conditions. 10% trans.

It is too bad that most of the SI site is limited in lens choices,but I think simplicity is the point.. Anyway I usually go with the BIP when I can because I do like dark lenses, but I do end up wearing the gray more often because of the versatitlity. As stated on a bright day no comparison and as far as looks BIP is my favorite. Gray definately has its place. Though less common in the SI, I really like the VR28BIP idea as well. It has become one of my favorites, I just ordered a new pair for my Gascans.

Last edited:
Yes, BIP is 9% trans but IMO it's not "too" dark, at least for what you describe. But some of that's subjective.

If you're looking for a more versatile all-around lens tint, perhaps you should consider VR28 BIP. From the outside they look nearly identical to BIP but the VR28 base tint provides a color-enhancing contrast that works better in cloudy or shaded conditions. 10% trans.

I've heard a lot of people talking about VR28 BIP... I'm sorry for my ignorance but i don't know what is that everyone talks about.

Is some kind a different lens? Where can i find it?

Thanks

I've heard a lot of people talking about VR28 BIP... I'm sorry for my ignorance but i don't know what is that everyone talks about.

Thanks
Yes it is a different lens. It is a rosy brown base with black to darken it. 10% light transmition rate and a contrast lens so it "lightens up" dark places as well.

Thanks
You just gotta look around and hope to get lucky... not that many choices on the SI site. I would start on FleaBay or the exchange, but you may have to look for a while to find a good deal on the set you want. Good luck!

Desert sage FC ultrablend has VR28BIP. @reggavegga has one in the exchange too. And you can find the lenses for other frames at the Oakley website.

Last edited:
Back