• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Great deal on CL for someone

As a general unwritten rule, to not mess up a potential deal, we try not to post these. Once posted they get a flood of interest, then jack up the price, and there goes a sweet deal

Nobody complained last month when I posted a similar thread and somebody ended up with a great piece for their collection. How else are we supposed to tell people about them?

Quit crying

Nobody complained last month when I posted a similar thread and somebody ended up with a great piece for their collection. How else are we supposed to tell people about them?

Quit crying
No one's crying. If I would have saw ur thread I would have told you the same thing.

Quit crying

That was a bit uncalled for...

@Dallas O Hog is correct (as evidenced by several likes on the post). Any dedicated collector or person searching for a case is constantly monitoring all sources (eBay, Craigslist, etc) for deals like this to come up. At the very least, I would suggest waiting a week or two before posting to the forum, to allow the people who put in the effort day-in and day-out to get the deal before it becomes general knowledge to others who just stumble upon the forum post without doing the real work.

I chose to post it to help out my fellow forum members, what the hell good is the forum if people can't do that?

My honest opinion is that this forum is wayyyyyy too uptight. Especially the admins. Too many rules and regulation and garbage.. but they'll still sell you a premium membership to make money!

I don't care about your "unwritten rules." If I see something and feel like sharing it with the Oakley community, I am going to do it. You guys need to lighten up.

Most of the craigslist problems occur with you douchebags contacting craigslist sellers and asking a million questions, requesting a ridiculous amount of extra pictures with close-ups of this, that and the other, instead of JUST BUYING THE ITEM. That's why your "great deals" go up in smoke. You do it to yourselves.

Try to play it cool once in a while.

That was a bit uncalled for...

@Dallas O Hog is correct (as evidenced by several likes on the post). Any dedicated collector or person searching for a case is constantly monitoring all sources (eBay, Craigslist, etc) for deals like this to come up. At the very least, I would suggest waiting a week or two before posting to the forum, to allow the people who put in the effort day-in and day-out to get the deal before it becomes general knowledge to others who just stumble upon the forum post without doing the real work.

Many of you are just looking for these steals so you can then re-sell them for a profit. Don't deny it.

I chose to post it to help out my fellow forum members, what the hell good is the forum if people can't do that?

My honest opinion is that this forum is wayyyyyy too uptight. Especially the admins. Too many rules and regulation and garbage.. but they'll still sell you a premium membership to make money!

I don't care about your "unwritten rules." If I see something and feel like sharing it with the Oakley community, I am going to do it. You guys need to lighten up.

Most of the craigslist problems occur with you douchebags contacting craigslist sellers and asking a million questions, requesting a ridiculous amount of extra pictures with close-ups of this, that and the other, instead of JUST BUYING THE ITEM. That's why your "great deals" go up in smoke. You do it to yourselves.

Try to play it cool once in a while.
Many of you are just looking for these steals so you can then re-sell them for a profit. Don't deny it.

Not worth my time and effort to buy something with the sole intention of re-selling for a profit. Especially display cases, which usually have to be picked up from some distance away, or shipped at a high cost. Your rants against members, admins, and the forum in general are really not necessary. We were just trying to help. We are all here because of a common interest in Oakley. If you don't like being here, then don't be here.

Back