• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Green faded Rio Frogs

Note that Oakley seems to be avoiding referring to these Frogskins as being a "Rio Olympics" edition.
Oakley refers to these Frogskins and other just-released Oakley frames with green-faded-to-white temples as "Green Fade Edition" glasses.
Oakley doesn't use the word "Rio" or "Olympic" is association with these frames.
There are no Rio graphics on the frames, and no Rio etching on the lenses.
The words "Rio" and "Olympic" don't appear anywhere on the webpage for these Frogskins:
Oakley Frogskins PRIZM Daily Polarized Green Fade Edition in Neon Green Fade / PRIZM DAILY POLARIZED | Oakley

Note that Oakley seems to be avoiding referring to these Frogskins as being a "Rio Olympics" edition.
Oakley refers to these Frogskins and other just-released Oakley frames with green-faded-to-white temples as "Green Fade Edition" glasses.
Oakley doesn't use the word "Rio" or "Olympic" is association with these frames.
There are no Rio graphics on the frames, and no Rio etching on the lenses.
The words "Rio" and "Olympic" don't appear anywhere on the webpage for these Frogskins:
Oakley Frogskins PRIZM Daily Polarized Green Fade Edition in Neon Green Fade / PRIZM DAILY POLARIZED | Oakley
However if you type Rio in the search they all pop up.

However if you type Rio in the search they all pop up.

I wonder what happened that inspired Oakley to make any official connection between the Green Fade frames and the Rio Olympics disappear.
Did the Olympics ask for too much in licensing fees?
Of course, it makes no difference when wearing them, but I would prefer that the glasses had an official connection to the Olympics.
As it stands, we have "Green faded Frogs", but not "Green faded Rio Frogs".

I wonder what happened that inspired Oakley to make any official connection between the Green Fade frames and the Rio Olympics disappear.
Did the Olympics ask for too much in licensing fees?
Of course, it makes no difference when wearing them, but I would prefer that the glasses had an official connection to the Olympics.
As it stands, we have "Green faded Frogs", but not "Green faded Rio Frogs".
Your probably right. Originally they were mentioned to have that connection but somehow it got lost in the mix. Maybe because the Brazil Rio edition frog (the non faded) took its place. Interesting. Still very strange the search pops up under Rio.

Ah well

They are excellent. I live them. However I did swap out the prizm lenses for emerald. Just because. The micro bag had the coolest hidden design on it too. Grab these if you haven't already..
FB_IMG_1468966361101.jpg
1468960533533296154741.jpg

Latest Posts

Back