• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Greenest Iridium?

Here is mines :cool:
56C39F16-A434-422F-AA31-88D058C01AFA.jpeg

The problem with G26, while it is beautiful from the outside...is that it KILLS COLOR PERCEPTION while looking through it. It was developed as a shooting lens I believe, so reds...like a orange or red clay in trap shooting...pops but everything else is completely washed out.

I had a pair of plasma XS with custom cut G26 in the past, I traded it for a plasma ruby xx, but my eyes thanked me for it. It's like VR/Oculus...it's cool and great but it ruins your eyes messes with your brain and just generally not a brilliant idea!

The problem with G26, while it is beautiful from the outside...is that it KILLS COLOR PERCEPTION while looking through it. It was developed as a shooting lens I believe, so reds...like a orange or red clay in trap shooting...pops but everything else is completely washed out.

I had a pair of plasma XS with custom cut G26 in the past, I traded it for a plasma ruby xx, but my eyes thanked me for it. It's like VR/Oculus...it's cool and great but it ruins your eyes messes with your brain and just generally not a brilliant idea!

Odd, I wore a set with G26 custom cuts all day outside this week and had no issues whatsoever with color discernment.

Personally, I think G26 is a totally overrated lens from an aesthetic point of view, kind of like my thoughts on X Metals in general.

Latest Posts

Back