• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Greetings from Calgary

Hello all.

Long time Oakley lover, only found this forum a few days ago. Looking forward to checking this place out further!

I’ve owned ruby/xmetal Juliets since 2000. Now I’ve got 3 pairs and have been looking to expand my collection. Other juliets are xmetal and plasma frames. I’ve got a bunch of OEM and linegear lenses for each pair. Absolutely love Oakley sunglasses.

I have some general collecting questions, I’ll post them here but if there’s a more appropriate place feel free to redirect me.

1. I’d love to buy a pair of XX 24k. What’s the going rate for these? Let’s assume I’m looking for a pair in good condition or better. I’d be ok with a pair showing regular wear, don’t have to be mint, but with a bridge that doesn’t need repair and minimal/normal lens wear.
2. I notice a full set with coin and box seem pricier, a lot pricier. Any particular reason other than completeness? I’m not sure I care so much if I get a full set, should I?
3. I see lots of talk about 1st Gen or Non-serialized. What’s the difference here? I have no idea what these terms are specifically referring to, other than the obvious. But what do these designations actually mean? Is there a quality difference? Is this the kind of thing only hardcore collectors will care about or is there a noticeable difference in the product?
4. I see a lot of people love the big display cases as much as I do. Seeing as how shipping these things is probably pretty expensive, how do people get their hands on these? Should I scope out a local eyeglass store and see if they want to sell theirs? Or wait until they get rid of it for a new display case or something?

Thanks in advance!

Welcome aboard,

As far as the XX 24k, price is much higher with box and if it’s mint, to add to the price there’s different generations, the last generation came with a small coin instead of the regular metal one, which makes it worth more.

As far a serial’s go, to some it’s important, but I can’t remember if it 4th gen or 5th gen they stopped putting serials on all together except skues

Cases are exspensive to ship depending on size, your best bet would be craigslist or local, or from native Forum members, after you reach the requirements of the Forum, please read the links below to help you out

Exchange Guidelines | Oakley Forum

Prviacy Policy | Oakley Forum

Cases come available one a quasi-regular basis in Alberta. Seems like fewer than usual of late. Kijiji is generally the best bet. Shops aren't 'allowed' to sell/give them as Oakley owns the cases (although it does happen). Connecting with other members from Alberta will probably help as everyone keeps an eye out for things to pop up. There are a few of us on here.

Welcome.

If you are looking to find out value for an item, you can search eBay and filter the "Sold" and "Completed" Listings. You can also search the exchange here for similar items. Or post in this thread:

Value Thread Ask About Prices Here

As Nortika mentioned, be sure to read through the exchange guidelines and forum policy. Enjoy.

Welcome! I'm no metal expert but people like complete sets for display purposes. As for the case, craigslist, OfferUp, Letgo, etc. You'll prob find something with a bit of patience. Or just make your own :p

Latest Posts

Back