• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Greetings From Okinawa

littlemac1013

Oakley Beginner
Hey all. I am joining b/c I love Oakley, period. I have been a serious collector for a couple of years and have been getting more serious each year. Finally tallied what the collection is worth and I think it is time for some insurance (or therapy). I love the unique products and build quality that get attention.

I am also getting active on the forum b/c Oakley just LOST my MINT condition Stealth Timebomb (with a serial number) and White face GMT (favorite daily wear watch) on the return trip from their tune-ups. I wasn't happy about that at all. Tried to replace the Timebomb via eBay and got a product not as described and am sending it back. Hopefully I'll be able to find some replacement products.

Some people just don't get the addiction. I love not wearing the same things as other people and Oakley products stand out. I think I love my watches the most but a few of my shades and shirts get compliments too. I have a small display case that I mounted with LEDs and it is full. I have a 6 foot display waiting for me at home after I return from being overseas. Can't wait to fill that one up. Anyway, have to get back to our newborn that is waking up now. Look foward to the forums. Thanks.

Welcome to the forum!

I'm very curious, what was done to reimburse or help you out with your loss? Were you compensated or just told that you were out of luck because shipping company messed up?

How's life on The Rock these days?
Been to the Castle lately?
And welcome to the forum!

Welcome man. I lived on Oki for 3.5 years. The politics there for military suck now though so it isn't the best place to be. I do miss Cocoichibanya, Yoshihatchi, and the fried butter fish place outside of Gate 3!

They gave me the original MSRP for both that bought me my Minute Machine and Holeshot 10th mtn ed. But nothing can replace a brand new Stealth Timebomb. I'm guessing they recouped their loss from the shipping company so it wasn't that big of a deal. But losing the TB that was almost new with a serial number sucks. It was my first Oakley watch and by far my favorite to show off. Now I am going to have to go out of pocket to attempt to replace that one, it is going to cost me.

They gave me the original MSRP for both that bought me my Minute Machine and Holeshot 10th mtn ed. But nothing can replace a brand new Stealth Timebomb. I'm guessing they recouped their loss from the shipping company so it wasn't that big of a deal. But losing the TB that was almost new with a serial number sucks. It was my first Oakley watch and by far my favorite to show off. Now I am going to have to go out of pocket to attempt to replace that one, it is going to cost me.

Wow, at least you managed to recoup for the value but you're right, it is impossible to truly replace what you had. Happy to see you were compensated but sad about that loss.

Who knows? Maybe the package will someday turn up and you'll get those back? Just wishful thinking. ;)

Back