• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Greetings from the warming Great White North.

Antique_guy

Oakley Beginner
Canada
Hello Been wearing Oakley's for about 8 years as reading glasses. Getting to the age I will wear them all the time.Thinking about the X Metal as a frame of choice. Would have to bite the big bullet and get the RX done for the X Metal frames. First quote I got was 600.00 Thinking I can do better than that.
Been reading that some RX do not work well in the Oakley X Metal frame????

So sitting in Nova Scotia Canada looking for all the answers out there in this wise collection of Oakley Owners.
thanking one and al in advance for any help you can send my way.

Welcome aboard, the problem with prescription is the base curve and your prescription, I’m blind as a bat and only had one set that I’ve been Wearing for years, my last couple done the prescription were off, so it’s hit and miss

You just missed Oakley rx in Juliet 6 months ago.

They are discontinued now.

Depending on RX if you are in no line progressive bifocal lens your easily be $495+++

(Progressives in digital surfacing, polycarbonate $320 +, Premium Anti Glare $100+, Mirror Coating /Iridium $95+, specialty beveling $50+)...

Clear lenses would be less, transitions or polarized more.

Good luck. If you can find an optician to even do them that's a plus! Sorry guys.

Big Wow to all the replies so far. Thanking one and all!!
So last night put in an offer on the Ole Ebay for a set of Juliets No S/N. The rubbers had been redone, and there were spare nose bombs.(Hoping I said that right).
They are coming from a collection in Jupiter, Florida. Maybe he is a member here.
Thinking I could actually take the frames to Costco and see what type of lenes they can put together.
Plus I do have a local lens factory 6 minutes away from work. Let him have a look.
Has anyone had a plasma lens powder coated?? Pick a super wild colour (Canadian spelling).
Thanks again to all.
Stephen

Back