• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Grenade Authenticity - Pink Bag?

eltb99

Oakley Beginner
Wendover, UK
Seen some Grenade's said to be new with just a pink bag rather than the neat patterned signature green one.
They seem to be fake, just wondering if anyone knows the score with the bags getting replaced with standard issue by Oakley?

hey mate, as far as I know, grenades come with the special grenade bag. mine were the grenade general release and they still came with the grenade bag...

That's what I thought, some poor buggers bidding up near £100 for them! Might report the listing but that does f all. Ebay dont like losing money on their fees

the amount of fakes are gettin ridiculous. I see all these "grade a replicas" on ebay that look like the real thing...I am personally only going for future releases from a reputable source after I get my commonwealth reds :p

Seen some Grenade's said to be new with just a pink bag rather than the neat patterned signature green one.
They seem to be fake, just wondering if anyone knows the score with the bags getting replaced with standard issue by Oakley?

Oakley Grenade's should come with the Grenade microbags, no question. However, I do know that sometimes Oakley dealers find old, mis-placed, returned, or shop-soiled stock that technically is new but is missing either a microbag, paperwork, or box and they will therefore replace the missing item in order to sell them. For example, I bought a pair of Fire Flora Fade's from an authorised Oakley dealer who I have bought from numerous times but they came with the Acid Series microbag rather than the pink microbag they should have been with. The original pink microbag got lost somehow, somewhere so got replaced with the current microbag. Product was still 100% authentic and I didn't mind.

I haven't seen the listing you're referring to but no Grenade microbag doesn't automatically mean they are fakes. The seller should however mention that the microbag has been replaced.

Those are fake. What I have noticed with the fakes, the label isn't centred correctly on the microbag. A stupid mistake, but something to look for.

All grenades came with custom microbags.

i have noticed a lot of fakes have no bar code sticker on the box either. Another dead giveaway is the seller not replying to any questions!
Cheers for the input lads

I actually saw a pic on a malaysian guys page who sold replicas. He had heaps of frogskins clear boxes with no barcodes, and a ton of pink bags....sucks!

I actually saw a pic on a malaysian guys page who sold replicas. He had heaps of frogskins clear boxes with no barcodes, and a ton of pink bags....sucks!

saw the same thing. that just makes it that much more difficult for us to spot the fakes.

Latest Posts

Back