• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

For Sale [Group Buy] Oakley Display Pieces

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
U

Username Hidden

Yo people, what's up?
So here's the deal, listen carefully because it's slightly complicated! Please read everything before writing OK?

There's this guy here in the Vancouver Craiglists selling a bunch of Oakley Display stuff.
The link is here and the picture is down below (ah, it's not me OK?).
Oakley metal display stand

So, what's the idea here?
He said he's ready to accept an offer for the whole bunch. So I'm just gauging the interest here on who's game to participate in the group buy. So...

A) I'll list here below what's on the lot and the listed price:
i) 18 single metal stands ($10 each)
ii) 20 double metal stands ($17 each)
iii) 2 card holders ($10 each)
iv) 3 watch blocks (($10 each)

B) ...the total would be CAD$570.00, buying them separately - however he wrote me he accepts CAD$500.00 for the lot;

C) so I'm looking for people who are interested in participating in the group buy. I'd like to have some items, not everything, so I think we could all benefit from purchasing the entire lot. The idea is:
i) write your name here with the pieces you're interested at;
ii) I'll contact everyone in a multi-recipient PM;
iii) I'm ready to organize everything, in a spreadsheet, with the names, items of interest, paid amount and date of payment, shipment status (this file of course will be available to everyone at anytime given my availability of course);
iv) after we have the people, we can together re-calculate everything with the CAD$500.00 amount and the shipping fees and finally execute the plan.
vii) just to be clear I do not have CAD$500.00 to pay him in advance and start sending stuff afterwards, I'll need a consensus on you guys concerning payment dates and follow-ups.

Please know that:
- I'm doing this with good intentions to help the community (and benefit myself too with the reduces prices);
- the whole thing might take some time (I'm guessing around three weeks), so if you're in a rush, don't bother;
- I believe the prices are fair, and of course feel free to contact him;
- If you think I'm overseeing something please let me know.

I'll leave this here for a week so we can discuss and then we decide together by next weekend (let's say the 29th) if we maintain the game plan or not.

Cheers - Yoshida

oakley_stuff.jpg

Some people reacted to this post.
i'd push him for a bigger discount to buy the entire lot....

I'd be interested in 3 doubles and 2 singles

Be careful about shipping. These are heavy and shipping from Canada is not cheap.

Way overpriced in my opinion. Most people on here are patient and will find way better deals than this. He's also ridiculous for only offering a small discount for the full lot.

I believe he is getting more interest than anticipated and thus holding out for top dollar.

I will take the 3 watch blocks.

Hello people, thanks for the comments.

Username Hidden said:
Be careful about shipping. These are heavy and shipping from Canada is not cheap.
Yeah, I thought about asking for fellow Canadians as participants on this project hahaha but then I let it go to make it easier to gather more heads to join in.

Username Hidden said:
Way overpriced in my opinion. Most people on here are patient and will find way better deals than this. He's also ridiculous for only offering a small discount for the full lot.
Username Hidden said:
I believe he is getting more interest than anticipated and thus holding out for top dollar.
Username Hidden said:
i'd push him for a bigger discount to buy the entire lot....
How much do you guys think I should ask for the lot, considering the scenario I gather all the people necessary?

IamFlip and oakleybadman - let's keep in touch! Let's see if more people join us!

iamFlip and oakleybadman, I'm writing you guys!

I would be interested if we could get the price down... I'd push him to $400, the price for that kind of a lot plus the shipping its going to take just isn't worth it unless you can get it sub $400.

I would be interested in a few singles and doubles.

Back