• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Guitar Players in O Forum...

qBan

The Hijinxer
Louisville, KY
Any of you guys guitar players? Or play any instrument for that matter. I do a bunch of covers and stuff... I'll put a video below for a sample but feel free to browse through my YouTube, I got a bunch of covers..

Wearing my crosslink Rx in this video

I used to play guitar, later got into drumming. I haven't done either in several years. Never had "great" hardware but I loved to play and now I just don't have the time for it. At the time my pride and joy was an Epiphone Les Paul Black Beauty. I was never a big strat guy but I did have an LTD similar to the one in your 2nd link. I always enjoyed the warm tone it had compared to other strats that tend to play very punchy and sound too tinny for my taste. I had a Gibson SG studio for awhile too, that was a really nice guitar but I was always afraid to play it. Some others I owned through the years were a BC Rich Warlock, a Hohner (can't recall model, looked like a strat), an Ibanez 7 string, and several cheap acoustics.

I was in a small band throughout and briefly after high school. We mainly played punk rock type music because it was easy but I always idolized Randy Rhoads. Never did master his solos lol.

Cool to hear man. I played drums for a long time but I played guitar on and off ever since I was a like 7 or 8. I went to 2 lessons and it wasn't for me, I wanted to be playing outside with the kids. I regret it now because I could've learned so much, especially because the teacher I had was one of the best in Cuba.

I also had many guitars, schecter c1+, mim tele, epi SG 400, Jackson 7 string (which I recently traded), epi explorer, various ovations, and various acoustics.

I now have:

1- Dean Dave Mustaine (united abominations) signature model
2- Ovation Cs 057 acoustic/electric
3- LTD st 203 Floyd rose
4- Silverstone Bass

And for programming I use Guitar Rig 5 that I control with a Behringer FCB 1010 midi controller.

I'll have to post pictures of everything later and you guys can check it out. I'd also like to see everybody's "rig"

Here's is a lil run through some of my guitars and rig. Everything from guitars to wireless system to foot controller and I use schaller strap locks on all my guitars... Enjoy and comment if you like

IMG_20150220_130226.jpg

IMG_20150220_130315.jpg

IMG_20150220_130401.jpg

IMG_20150220_130439.jpg

IMG_20150220_130513.jpg

IMG_20150220_130600.jpg

IMG_20150220_130649.jpg

IMG_20150220_130726.jpg

IMG_20150220_130802.jpg

Back