• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Gun Appreciation Day Facepalm

I read about that. That is crazy,makes me scared to go to a gun show.

They're all pretty worthless nowadays anyway.

The only reason to go is you're pretty much assured you can get your hands on a lot of items that would require driving all over to get a look at ordinarily.

Oh, and 3 of the 5 were from a single round of birdshot. I want someone to tell me birdshot is a good home defense solution after 3 people hit by a single round didn't suffer so much as a lost day of work.

The biggest problem we have is the lack of penalties for f**king up in America. If people were held accountable for their actions we'd see a rise in personal responsibility I'd imagine.

They're all pretty worthless nowadays anyway.

The only reason to go is you're pretty much assured you can get your hands on a lot of items that would require driving all over to get a look at ordinarily.

Oh, and 3 of the 5 were from a single round of birdshot. I want someone to tell me birdshot is a good home defense solution after 3 people hit by a single round didn't suffer so much as a lost day of work.

The biggest problem we have is the lack of penalties for f**king up in America. If people were held accountable for their actions we'd see a rise in personal responsibility I'd imagine.

For home defense, slugs > birdshot. Birdshot is pointless in real world scenarios.

Are there really no penalties against the owners for this sort of incident?

They'll get unlawful discharge, transporting a loaded weapon, maybe a few other misdemeanors. Nothing of real substance.

Walk around at work and ask who has a DUI, you'll probably get a good number depending on the demographic. Then ask what they had to do because of it. A few grand, classes, some probation with restricted driving, if that.

It's stupid.

The guy at the gunshow should get something like attempted manslaughter

Back