• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

"H" Sticker Has Left A Mark On My Iridium Lenses!

hartmann_gr

Oakley Beginner
I just received my new Oakleys couple of days ago, a Radar Pitch type, with black iridium lenses.

As many of new Oakley sunglasses, it had an "H" sticker on the lenses, standing for hydrophobic.

I removed the sticker very carefully and then clened the surface of the lens with the special accompanied cloth.

The problem is that it seems that the sticker has left a mark on the lenses that does not get away! It seems to have dyed the iridium lenses.

It can not be seen easily with naked eye, but if you put the sunglasses near a light bulb, or towards the sun, there is a dark circular mark at the place where the sticker was.

Any help? Can this be removed? Does anyone have noticed anything similar?

The following image shows hardly the dark circular mark.

oakley.jpg

Your best bet is to just take it to your nearest Oakley store, let them know what happened, and ask to swap out the lens. Pitch black iridium is extremely common and most stores carry a good amount of them. I'm sure they'd have no problem doing that.

That's crazy!! I've never seen that happen before. Where did you get them from if u don't mind. I work at an o-store so it's really crazy. The H sticker is really not a sticker it's like a window peel so it shouldn't have that problem.

Try using the Oakley Lens solution...it works miracles! Plus it's the only thing you should be using to clean any iridium lens! Works great on frames and unobtainium as well.

i'd have to agree with FearGear on this they might not be legit. all the glasses ive seen has been with them on and never once has there been a problem

Ditto on whether or not these are legit.

That static "cling" should do nothing with the lens. If you use the Oakley cleaning solution and it doesn't help AND this is a legit lens, it's time to call customer service and get a new lens. The coating is defective. BUT, as others have said, I've NEVER seen this happen, and i've left the H sticker on some lenses for over a year. Not while wearing them of course. just spare lens.

D

hartmann_gr said:
I just received my new Oakleys couple of days ago, a Radar Pitch type, with black iridium lenses.

As many of new Oakley sunglasses, it had an "H" sticker on the lenses, standing for hydrophobic.

I removed the sticker very carefully and then clened the surface of the lens with the special accompanied cloth.

The problem is that it seems that the sticker has left a mark on the lenses that does not get away! It seems to have dyed the iridium lenses.

It can not be seen easily with naked eye, but if you put the sunglasses near a light bulb, or towards the sun, there is a dark circular mark at the place where the sticker was.

Any help? Can this be removed? Does anyone have noticed anything similar?

The following image shows hardly the dark circular mark.

oakley.jpg

Did they sort it?

Latest Posts

Back