• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hairline cracks so no new lenses?

OBRoyal

Oakley Beginner
I have two pairs of Latch both with prescription lenses. One daily use and one sunglasses. They are just over to years old. My optician has said I can’t have new lenses in them as they have hairline cracks and they will break if they try to fit new lenses. Is this right or he just trying to make me spend more money?
He also said if I have new lenses for my existing frames and they break the lenses won’t fit a new pair of Latch??

Here are my daily frames then sunglasses. The cracks are apparently on the top of the frame.
IMG_1320.jpeg
IMG_1321.jpeg

It might simply be that "if" they break he doesn't want to be on the hook for the frames and lenses.

Yes, I have heard that lens fitment is very dependent on the frame so it might just be a matter of getting a bad fit, which could lead to poor vision.

I have two pairs of Latch both with prescription lenses. One daily use and one sunglasses. They are just over to years old. My optician has said I can’t have new lenses in them as they have hairline cracks and they will break if they try to fit new lenses. Is this right or he just trying to make me spend more money?
He also said if I have new lenses for my existing frames and they break the lenses won’t fit a new pair of Latch??
what does this mean??

He effectively said the lenses were made for a specific frame, so if I have new lenses for my existing latch frames and the frames break on fitting then the lenses wouldn’t be any good for a new set of latch frames. Surely this is nonsense?

He effectively said the lenses were made for a specific frame, so if I have new lenses for my existing latch frames and the frames break on fitting then the lenses wouldn’t be any good for a new set of latch frames. Surely this is nonsense?
Nonsense.
Normal to say they can break ... at your own risk.

But the lenses would certainly fit a new Latch of same model and size. Very very little risk they might wiggle or be tight i guess.

But plastic frames aren't wildly inconsistent as xmetal frames

Latest Posts

Back