• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Half jacket 1.0 parts

Amanoramonkey

I should Work at Oakley
Uk
I'm trying to breathe new life in to my oldest pair of oakleys (half jacket 1.0) the paint was all scuffed and rubbers are getting frayed. I've removed the paint with a bit of sugar soap and elbow grease and they look better for it the Finnish is Matt so I might Polish them up at some point. Was looking into replacement rubber and lense options but can only find black rubber in oem and was wondering about other options walleva have a good range of colours but I'm not sure on the quality revant have less options and are a bit more pricy has anyone used either of these or is there an alternative?
20170307_193049.jpg
sorry if this is a topic that's already been covered but I couldn't find an answer through the search engine

I had a bad experience with Walleva lenses. They took on oil from fingerprints despite wiping them immediately after installing and trying to clean with soap and water. Now there is a "haze" to the finish you can see. I don't have any measures to determine the optical clarity but I can't imagine a "haze" would help.

I've read some good things about Fuze lenses first of which they use polycarbonate for HJ1.0. I bought a pair but haven't installed them yet so I can't comment or compare them to the Walleva.

Th
I had a bad experience with Walleva lenses. They took on oil from fingerprints despite wiping them immediately after installing and trying to clean with soap and water. Now there is a "haze" to the finish you can see. I don't have any measures to determine the optical clarity but I can't imagine a "haze" would help.

I've read some good things about Fuze lenses first of which they use polycarbonate for HJ1.0. I bought a pair but haven't installed them yet so I can't comment or compare them to the Walleva.
thanks I will probably just go with rubbers from there for now I have used revant lenses in the frames currently have a set of their elites in there and they are pretty decent

Th
thanks I will probably just go with rubbers from there for now I have used revant lenses in the frames currently have a set of their elites in there and they are pretty decent
Bought a pair of Revant for son's Flak Jackets and I was impressed on their ability to resist finger prints and their clarity.