• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Half Jacket 2.0 Prizm H20 Deep Polarized XL

As I've said, I love the frames. And the Sapphire Prizm lenses are great! Two pairs of glasses are a bit much (especially since the other pair I was looking at with Prizm Deep lenses have very similar frames). Any ideas on finding some Half Jacket 2.0 Prizm Deep XL lenses at less than retail? I found some non-XL for about $65, but I can't find any XLs for a good price.

As I've said, I love the frames. And the Sapphire Prizm lenses are great! Two pairs of glasses are a bit much (especially since the other pair I was looking at with Prizm Deep lenses have very similar frames). Any ideas on finding some Half Jacket 2.0 Prizm Deep XL lenses at less than retail? I found some non-XL for about $65, but I can't find any XLs for a good price.
Keep an eye out on eBay. You can prob find a frame with DWP lens around $75~. That particular frame is pretty common on eBay

Found some for a good price on Amazon! No Prime so I'll have to wait forever but hopefully I'll have them next week. I'll try to post comparison/followup pictures.

Thanks everyone for the input! This stupid mistake! If I'd gotten what I ordered, I'd never have gotten hooked on the Prizm Sapphires too. But now I'll have both. Maybe I'll sell the pair I like less, maybe I'll hang on. We'll see how they compare.

Thanks again!

Found some for a good price on Amazon! No Prime so I'll have to wait forever but hopefully I'll have them next week. I'll try to post comparison/followup pictures.

Thanks everyone for the input! This stupid mistake! If I'd gotten what I ordered, I'd never have gotten hooked on the Prizm Sapphires too. But now I'll have both. Maybe I'll sell the pair I like less, maybe I'll hang on. We'll see how they compare.

Thanks again!

Sweet! Congrats

My new lenses came yesterday!

Two things:
1) They have to at least be exchanged (maybe returned...see below) because there's a scratch on one of the lenses
2) I tried them out anyway, and the view out from the Prizm Deeps look (almost?) identical to the Prizm Sapphire lenses to me. It was in the evening until I got to try them so not particularly sunny. Maybe more sun will make a difference. I'm debating whether to just return and stick the the Sapphire. I loved the view from the Prizm Sapphires from the start, but was under the impression that the Prizm Deep lenses would be even better (or at least different).

So, next question about the "new" lenses. They are supposed to be "Prizm Deep Water Polarized"; however, they don't have the "P" (I assume) for polarized like my Prizm Sapphires. Only the "Prizm" etched in them. Cany anyone confirm or deny if this is how Prizm Deep Water lenses should be? I'm trying to determine now if these are legit or a knock off. They're from Amazon, but a third-party seller. I was surprised that the view out of these does not look better than the Prizm Sapphires, IMHO. Any thoughts on what I should expect?

So, next question about the "new" lenses. They are supposed to be "Prizm Deep Water Polarized"; however, they don't have the "P" (I assume) for polarized like my Prizm Sapphires. Only the "Prizm" etched in them. Cany anyone confirm or deny if this is how Prizm Deep Water lenses should be? I'm trying to determine now if these are legit or a knock off. They're from Amazon, but a third-party seller. I was surprised that the view out of these does not look better than the Prizm Sapphires, IMHO. Any thoughts on what I should expect?

The older Prizm polarized lenses didn’t have the “Prizm P” etching, just a “Prizm” etching.

Prizm sapph and DWP are both contrast lenses and I guess are kinda similar, but you should be able to tell a difference looking through them. Here’s a comparison pic. I like both, but I wouldn’t say one is better than the other in terms of the view looking through them and/or clarity. Prizm Sapphire polar on the right with only a “Prizm” etching.

503AF347-9D72-460F-BBD7-D621E5138511.jpeg

Back