• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Half Wire 2.0 Question

kyle_2012

Oakley Beginner
I have a question regarding my Half Wire 2.0 Sunglasses. Two years ago I picked up a pair of square wire's and after only part of a year the hinges on them broke. Fast forward to last summer and I picked up a pair of half wire 2.0's and I noticed the hinges look similar to the square wire's. Can anybody tell me if the half wire 2.0 has the same hinge issue the square wire had?

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember putting on the half wire 2.0's and I fell in love with them. It wasn't until about 3 months later when I realized they had the same hinge as the squares and after that I was scared to ever wear them because I worried I would leave home with my sunglasses in 1 piece and come home with 2 pieces. I think they look as good when one is out and being active as they do in business casual for work. Very versatile and it's too bad Oakley didn't give them a chance and do more with them (i.e. more frames, lense colors, etc.)

I have half a dozen pairs of ti NSW and have never had a problem with the hinges. I think you guys need to stop sitting on your sunglasses.

Back