• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Half X arm broke and finding this forum

caine

Oakley Enthusiast
England
Found this forum looking for repair options on my Half X arm which I broke about 5-6 years ago. I did visit the San Diego Oakley store in 2016 where I bought them back in 2011 and was told they were no longer sold or supported. Contacted Oakley about getting the Half X repaired and my Juliet's serviced; but no option on the Half X was offered; so did not bother. After everyone telling me nothing could be done with the Half X; the glasses got pushed to one side and dissappeared. Moved home worked in multiple locations, and just lost track of most things; including broken oakleys. 2019; when I was working back in SD for a few months, I bought a pair of Radar EV Path prizm from the Oakley store as my Badman's were dying a death even though they were less than 8 months old (I thought they were fake due to the speed of deteriation). Anyways got chatting to the Oakley chap and talked about my Half X and the damaged arm and he gave me a card for a guy who could sort out Titanium Oakley's. The problem was I had no clue where the Half X were back it the UK where I hail from. Roll on through Covid, crazy time and had a clear out of my garage over the last few days. Found the Half X in the original box and thought bugger me. Unfortuntely lost the business card for the chap in SoCal; but got me thinking about other options. Hello!

Probably going to bug with of questions that have been answered many times, though I'll surely appreciate the help and advice.

p.s. if the Badman were deteriating quickly; that was certainly sped up by dropping them into a closing door gap. Was not paying attention trying to get my bike through two doors, off they pop and c'est la vie. Hence the reluctant visit to the SD Oakley store not being my favorite place due to the Half X issue.

Welcome to the forum! Plenty of repair and parts options here, definitely should check out the DIY/Modding section and X-Metal sections!

Welcome.
Please post pictures of the Half-X and Badman.
The Spring Hinge between the two are interchangeable.
With some luck you can one make one wearable again.

Thanks guys. Will get some pics of the Half-X up. Getting my hands on the Badman will have to wait till I can get back to the US; though will try get one of the guys there to find and send back to UK. Not sure if they're complete goners but the door crunching them... didn't realise they shared the same arm system as the half X.

IMG_1413.JPG
IMG_1412.JPG

Love the half x and the badman. Damn those hinges!
The Half x are probably my favorites as they were brilliant for running, cycling and could be worn anywhere. The Juliet's are good looking sunnies; the Badman are bad ass looking glasses. I must admit I'd never seen the MARS before and think they look absolutely bonkers.

Back