• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Half X - Carbon or Xmetal frame?

Which frame color for Half-x

• Total voters

Mike.vanderkoon

I should Work at Oakley
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Arkansas the boonies
i would love to hear people’s opinions on which frame color they prefer for the xmetal half-x frame? I’m debating between waiting for x-metal color to pop up or buy a carbon frame color (which is available right now). I’ve alway been intrigued with carbon color but do not own one yet.

Thanks!

Carbon. Always carbon
I have had getting carbon Juliet’s on my bucket list for a while now. My other Oakley xmetals I have are Juliet plasma, Juliet xmetal, Juliet polished and x-squared x-metal.

It sounds like you own some carbon pairs. Does the texture feel closer to “polished” frames or closer to “x-metal”/“plasma”? I love how the polish look but I am not a fan on how they feel like platisic like. That’s my one concern about carbon. I hope that makes sense.

I have had getting carbon Juliet’s on my bucket list for a while now. My other Oakley xmetals I have are Juliet plasma, Juliet xmetal, Juliet polished and x-squared x-metal.

It sounds like you own some carbon pairs. Does the texture feel closer to “polished” frames or closer to “x-metal”/“plasma”? I love how the polish look but I am not a fan on how they feel like platisic like. That’s my one concern about carbon. I hope that makes sense.

The texture feels similar to plasma

Back