• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Half x "customizing" ??

Solomon_Denali

I should work for M-EXPERIMENT
Premium Member
It's pretty well known that this isn't a popular frame to many people. Among other issues , it is difficult to find oem lenses and parts. Has anyone tried other rubbers from other frames ? I see a lot of earsocks that look like they would be at least a close fit but sellers rarely give measurements. Oem are 67mm or 2 5/8 inches.

I am trying to find red rubbers , nose pads and earsocks. Flak nosepads seem like they could work , among other similar shaped pads , but I rather not try and buy without knowing if they would fit. I would end up with a ton of parts I don't want. So has anyone tried these or others for a half x ? Thank you 😊.

Only customizing I’ve done on mine is a home brew lens cut to keep them off my cheekbones.

I have a few pair that I really like, maybe more than my other X-metals (yes, I "said" that out loud). The first was bought in 2011 and has been my daily driver ever since. The rubbers are still good because they are cleaned regularly. At least one other bought "used" could use new rubbers so I have been looking for a solution as well. Juliet rubber is too short. Romeo 2 rubber is the right length but totally different profile. In the picture Juliet OEM is on top, Half-X middle, then Romeo 2 bottom.

Looking at it in the picture, it dawned on me that it looks alot like a rubber shad. Maybe a Keitech 3" or 3.5" trimmed a little might work. Cool disco colors too! I will have to dig around at home and see if I have any. They are much softer than the OEM rubber but abundantly available.

OEM_Rubbers.jpg

I found the swim baits. The Keitech I have is the right length but way too fat and ribbed. I found another type that is smooth and smaller diameter but still will not fit "as is". No pics, but if I get the inspiration I may try cutting one of them down to see if it is even feasible. Cutting squishy things like this does not usually go well.

Back