• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Half X Hinge Broke

I'll just stick to a cheap pair that if the arm brakes I have no problem throwing away.

Last edited:
sooo...just signed up since doing random ebay searches every few months has proven fruitless (I'm guessing since the vultures here are all over it!)

IMG_20151223_114749_zpsltgvueqh.jpg

I was able to tear down & salvage one hinge assembly from my Half-X, as well as the parts from the broken hinge & both arms. The assembled hinge looks like it has some bend in it, but if could help in manufacturing a replacement I'd be happy to contribute. It'd be nice to blow the dust off these as metal jackets & wires have always been my preferred Oakleys over the bulky plastic assemblies!

sooo...just signed up since doing random ebay searches every few months has proven fruitless (I'm guessing since the vultures here are all over it!)

IMG_20151223_114749_zpsltgvueqh.jpg

I was able to tear down & salvage one hinge assembly from my Half-X, as well as the parts from the broken hinge & both arms. The assembled hinge looks like it has some bend in it, but if could help in manufacturing a replacement I'd be happy to contribute. It'd be nice to blow the dust off these as metal jackets & wires have always been my preferred Oakleys over the bulky plastic assemblies!

@qtrain23

I know this is not a sale thread but, I may part with my Half X if you need. You'd get more use out of them as I do. They have been sitting in a shelf for a long time.

One of my half-x hinges just broke. Been wearing these daily for like 6 years so not too bad I guess.

Could consider selling them for parts.

on ebay someone is selling a "half x hinge repair service"...is that scam or legit?
Is not a scam. You can check the good feedback review how many have been done.
1692818575565.png

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back