• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Half-X Hinges

Mahtan

Oakley Beginner
My Dad recently got these glasses, wore them like three times, and now the right leg is very wobbly. I looked at them and they have almost no integrity to stay stiff and strong like the left. They can wiggle in all directions. I tried to tighten them but the screw is as tight as it gets until fear of stripping.

My only idea is the spring hinge has something wrong with it. I never had spring hinge glasses before so I am not comfortable removing the leg to see if something has slipped for fear there is like 8 pieces inside that I will never get back in place. :sad:

Anyone got advice that have done surgery on these? Or is this just a known sad fact with spring hinges?

I have completely disassembled my half x. It was not much a challenge but i would recommend sending them to Oakley for a tune up. They will replace the hinges, screws, and if they have it the rubbers.

Yeah I called and they said it will be like $65 to do it. Dad wasn't to happy about that if it was possible to do something to fix it yourself. Figured I'd ask here before either.

I have completely disassembled my half x. It was not much a challenge but i would recommend sending them to Oakley for a tune up. They will replace the hinges, screws, and if they have it the rubbers.

I called last week and they told me they have NO rubbers.

Back