• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Half X. Is It Really A Sought After X Metal Or Will It Ever Be?

alcapon1

I should Work at Oakley
West Side
I have a complete collection of the X metal line ( not including every pair, just pairs representing all the different models) but I dont know if I want to finish it off with a pair of half X. To me they are the black sheep of the X metal line and kinda lame. Am I wrong here or should I just get a pair and call it a day. Thinkin plasma and ice...

I have a complete collection of the X metal line ( not including every pair, just pairs representing all the different models) but I dont know if I want to finish it off with a pair of half X. To me they are the black sheep of the X metal line and kinda lame. Am I wrong here or should I just get a pair and call it a day. Thinkin plasma and ice...

I had some. They're ok looking, but don't really fit in. I saw just go for it for the complete set

If you want to have a complete collection I would say at least get one, otherwise I wouldn't go for them.

Ya, they are not too expensive so I was thinking that they would make a good filler at least or I can tuck in the corner .lol

I have a 1 pair of polished Half X. For me I think they look better with my bigger mug than Juliets. Juliets are a bit small for me but I still purchased a few cuz I just like them. The XX would probably be best for me but just haven't found any in excellent condition that will satisfy my OCD. (Oakley Compulsive Disorder).

i made it my mission to represent each of the 8 models with the Xmetal colorway - 7/8 now, with the elusive penny still not in my grasps. I do have 3 other pennys though, and 10 juliets, and 2 R2's...

i say go for it. historically wise, it marks the point where oakley decided to do something about the flexcoupler issue, either making a filler piece (while they tested new mechanisms) or seeing how well it could cope with only a spring hinge and no flex couplers.

sure the fit isnt as great, but lesson learnt, and they redesigned the flex coupler to allow at least easier dismantling of the nosebridge in the Xsq. which meant no worn rivet hole problems, which were about 50% of the longevity issues in the older flex couplers. the Xsquared, when tuned up, will always go back to being 100% as there are no rivets/rivet holes that would wear away over time.

i made it my mission to represent each of the 8 models with the Xmetal colorway - 7/8 now, with the elusive penny still not in my grasps. I do have 3 other pennys though, and 10 juliets, and 2 R2's...

i say go for it. historically wise, it marks the point where oakley decided to do something about the flexcoupler issue, either making a filler piece (while they tested new mechanisms) or seeing how well it could cope with only a spring hinge and no flex couplers.

sure the fit isnt as great, but lesson learnt, and they redesigned the flex coupler to allow at least easier dismantling of the nosebridge in the Xsq. which meant no worn rivet hole problems, which were about 50% of the longevity issues in the older flex couplers. the Xsquared, when tuned up, will always go back to being 100% as there are no rivets/rivet holes that would wear away over time.

great comments from everyone, I am sold for sure on picking up a pair. My collection include so far....2 pair 1st gen Juliet X-Metal serials, 1 Penny x metal non-serial, Romeo 2 carbon, tio2 XX 1st 6000's serial, Romeo 1 11,000 with original red ear socks, Mars Leather 12,000 serial, X squared carbon emerald, and now I am thinking a plasma half x frame with ice would round out the collection. I was also thinking about a vr28 or ichiro but these are more like cherries so to speak maybe a 24k XX to bring in the original gold colorway. All my stuff is BNIB too so its like my little museum/ backdrop for my wearable stuff.

Back