• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Half-X Love

I'm not a fan of them. They just look like a half jacket because of the lens size and the smooth nose bridge/lack of flex coupler. They just don't really look like metals to me.

besides the material used, it has no designing features of the Xmetal line. No Flex couplers, no t-shock hinge system (spring hinges). I have a NIB pair, but just for completion sake. I hear it's comfy though.

It's not really an x metal...its a half wire. For all the reasons stated above. It's a very serviceable model...but no way worth close to its $400 retail....and I've seen some models sell for as low as $120 BNIB

I love my half x. Just hecause they dont have shox or flex nose i feel it is still an x metal. They were trying to avoid tuneups on a loose flex nose bridge. They are atill made out of x metal and hqve t6 screws and a coin. I would like to get another pair but it will have to wait.

For me Half X is the big brother of Half Wire w/ a mixed of romeo 2 or something whatsoever. Only got one recently though just to complete all of my x-metal variations. Got it brand new for a trade for my 4 month old blackberry storm phone.

Half X Carbon
6907768655_4164003e15_z.jpg

6907768909_9e4375e98c_z.jpg

Attachments

• 6907768655_4164003e15_z.jpg
    6907768655_4164003e15_z.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 196
  • 6907768909_9e4375e98c_z.jpg
    6907768909_9e4375e98c_z.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 204
nice thread title, i do have a strong passion for these, enough to have collected all 6, and feel they could become sought after in years to come. some models gain more attention long after they have been discontinued and that could happen with these, especially being an x metal. as they were available during the box style change-over, anyone wanting more than one may elect to go for both box types to capture the difference.

I have one pair, the fit for me is tight, I need to extend the arms to the stops to put them on then, they are pretty tight. Guess my melon is too wide for these, I do like the look.

Back