• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Half X Modded Lenses...Update: Round 2 Final Cut

xmetalmaniac

Made of Metal
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Florida
Since its a Holiday and I am not in the office today, I figured I would finally get around to modding some lenses for my X Metal Half X. I am not fond of the factory lenses because they seem too long and touch my cheeks. So I figured I would try a new lens shape in the frame, I had few spare lenses to mess around with for shape so he is round 1.... I don't believe anyone has tried this yet, but if you have or at least thought about it, chime in.......Ooooops the second photo I didn't pop the lens all the way in on the left, but it did come out perfect. Now I just gotta decide on my final color .....

equmu7uh.jpg

ahy5aded.jpg

How much shorter are those lenses compared to the originals?

I would say much shorter more then a 1/4 inch.... better contours right up to the frame too... looks much more aggressive now... Thinking about making just a few more changes before cutting the final lens.....

I spent some time with different contours and figured I found what I liked. Since the first set of lenses I tried were a knock off, I pitched them and went straight to modding the OEM VR28. I spent a few minutes extra on the finishing of the lens edge also so it would look factory.... I will say that they came out perfect! Good coverage and no more cheek touch. I just ordered OEM Ice lenses for my final pair....
e9equqap.jpg
9a4y5ary.jpg
ne8eva5a.jpg
8y8e2uty.jpg
ryryzu2a.jpg

Latest Posts

Back