• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Half-x Polarized Distortion?

Distortion how? Is it wavy left to right when you turn your head slowly? There is a very good chance the lens is not seated properly in the orbital groove and the orbital torx screw may be overly tightened pulling the outer edge of the lens inward.

I have seen overly tightened lenses in the Half X even create a gap as if the OEM lens was cut too small. Thus pushing just enough on the edge of the lens causing it to bow just a bit.

Distortion how? Is it wavy left to right when you turn your head slowly? There is a very good chance the lens is not seated properly in the orbital groove and the orbital torx screw may be overly tightened pulling the outer edge of the lens inward.

I have seen overly tightened lenses in the Half X even create a gap as if the OEM lens was cut too small. Thus pushing just enough on the edge of the lens causing it to bow just a bit.

It seems to be mostly in the bottom of the lens. It isn't extremely wavy, more just that my depth perception is thrown off quite a bit when I look at the ground in front of me, which creates noticeable distortion when I move my head.

Latest Posts

Back