• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Half x wear and lenses cracking

Monster6

Oakley Beginner
Canada
what should I do about the finish on the frames? Before I do something and regret it I'd like some expert advice. And is the cracking on the lenses normal from use and when I replace them is there something I an do to prevent it from happening again? Thanks in adv
15445558183846664711654558410010.jpg
ance
15445555544807900063084704917479.jpg

Not a lot you can do about the Carbon finish to keep it OEM. You can always get a flat black cerakote done for it from any of the guys who custom frames. As for the lenses. That's been a problem with most every style of half rim metal frames whether they be wire or X metal. Stress caused from the slight bend you get when taking them on and off. My wife's Half Wires which are very similar to Half X in the way the orbital and lenses are shaped did that very same thing over time even though they were spring hinge stems like the Half X. You could try the "Romeo" method of putting them on and off. That'd be putting them on like goggles, but since they are also spring hinge stems, theoretically that should be absorbing most of the stress anyway, just doesn't work out in real life that way.

As for @THE X-MAN's suggestion, if I am reading him right :p He's merely pointing out that you have a frame that's sort of a ticking time bomb before those hinges break and they then become useless. I don't think anyone has come up with a simple fix or aftermarket hinge replacement for them breaking to this day.

Latest Posts

Back