• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Half X Worth?

Fresh

I should Work at Oakley
Mexico City
So I've found to people selling their half X, I honestly haven't seen a lot of them being sold lately and I'm not sure what they're worth in todays market.
One of them is a Carbon BIP, comes BNIB with everything (coin, mf bag, spare rubber, etc) this is one of the new version Half X with the split box and the small coin. Asking price $400
The second one is a Plasma Ice Polar BNIB with everything as well. But this one is the old version with the large coin and small box. Asking price $450 negotiable
I really don't have a clue what Half Xs are worth, I believe these prices are high, but seeing the model comes quite rarely for sale, I can't say if I should pass or buy. Any help is gladly appreciated

Ps. Which is rarer? Old or new style?

Fuuuuuuuuuuur reals? Dang, I knew the price was high, but twice? I'm glad I asked. Thanks Kronin

Half-X are the "black sheep" of the x-metal family, for several reasons explained elsewhere. But the result is there's nowhere near the same enthusiasm for them as the other frames. Not to say that everybody hates them, they do have some fans, just far less. Which means they're much less sought after, which means their value is lower.

There's pairs on ebay LNIB for less than that which still don't sell.

Half-X are the "black sheep" of the x-metal family, for several reasons explained elsewhere. But the result is there's nowhere near the same enthusiasm for them as the other frames. Not to say that everybody hates them, they do have some fans, just far less. Which means they're much less sought after, which means their value is lower.

There's pairs on ebay LNIB for less than that which still don't sell.
Yes, I've heard all the bad talk about the hinges and how crappy the half x because it is not a real x metal with the hinges, the one piece frame and all of that. I thought I'd ask since that is the last x metal I need to have 1 of each. I guess I'll check ebay and see wqhat I can find.
Thanks again!

Full disclosure, I have one in the exchange listed @$450. BUT... it is in a sealed box, factory direct one of the last sold out of HQ. I do agree, I would not pay more than $300 for a pristine pair let alone a used one. but you don't come across sealed boxes that often...