• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Half X

OakleyFreak

I put the G in GMoney
EveryWhere
I have never owned a pair or seen one. Half X
I know they are discontinued
Are they as popular as the Juliets and the XX?

The only down side I see is the ear stems can get loose?
I found a new set for $300. No box or coin.
thinking about getting them.

Pros or cons on this style

They are a little more "controversial" than most x-metals. No, they are not as popular as pretty much any of the other frames. They do get loose ear stems, but they also have an issue with the hinge breaking. Which is probably one of the largest draw backs I've heard about...the other is they are a departure from what most people really liked about the x-metal line. The design was not well received, some people seem to really like them, others not so much. I have never held a pair either, but I hope to soon! I think $300 is a bit pricey for an incomplete pair, but he prices have been going up...

Yeah some people love them but in general they're considered the "black sheep" of the x-metal line due to more conventional styling and the hinge breaking problem. I bought one while I was trying to gather at least one example of each x-metal frame and it's alright but not my favorite.

$300 is above market value, IMO. Unboxed, $200. Maybe $250 max.

Yeah some people love them but in general they're considered the "black sheep" of the x-metal line due to more conventional styling and the hinge breaking problem. I bought one while I was trying to gather at least one example of each x-metal frame and it's alright but not my favorite.

$300 is above market value, IMO. Unboxed, $200. Maybe $250 max.

Thanks
Im still kinda interested if i can get one for the right price
I agree I think the ones for $300 and up are over priced.
It would be nice to add one to my collection for around $175 to $200

Other wise Ill keep hunting juliets :)

Last edited:
Keep looking I'd say. I really enjoy the frame as I have always worn half jackets so the half frame I like. I'm not sure how so many people have had issues breaking hinges but I guess it's something that happens without any stress at all?? I guess I will have first hand knowledge at some point but I have 2 pairs of them; 1 I purchased new back in 08 or 09 and that pair is still going strong. I just now need to start thinking about sourcing new rubber but other than that I am quite happy. Just picked up a ton of extra lenses too from the vaults sale as well. I just picked up a 2nd pair recently for $140 bucks without box/coin but it was in prestine condition frame and lens so I thought it was a decent pickup.

Keep looking I'd say. I really enjoy the frame as I have always worn half jackets so the half frame I like. I'm not sure how so many people have had issues breaking hinges but I guess it's something that happens without any stress at all?? I guess I will have first hand knowledge at some point but I have 2 pairs of them; 1 I purchased new back in 08 or 09 and that pair is still going strong. I just now need to start thinking about sourcing new rubber but other than that I am quite happy. Just picked up a ton of extra lenses too from the vaults sale as well. I just picked up a 2nd pair recently for $140 bucks without box/coin but it was in prestine condition frame and lens so I thought it was a decent pickup.

Thanks I see the vault sale on lenses
I just think $200 is my target if I get a pair

There is an on-line retailer that have brand new Half-X with box and coin for a plasma/tungsten Iridium for $299.95 and polished/VR28 BI for $319.95.

Back