• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Halloween Movie Countdown 🎃💀

MinC13

I should Work at Oakley
If you’re not a Halloween guy or gal, and if you don’t enjoy movies, this thread isn’t for you.

However, If the month of October summons your inner freak, witch, monster, ghost, ghoul, vampire, whatever....,like it does for me, you’re in the right place 👻

I’ll be counting down every night from now until Halloween with a favorite Halloween movie of mine. I encourage everyone to do the same 🎃

Lost Boys - An all time favorite of mine, which is extra awesome this time of year

2B268724-61A7-4E64-B548-43EAE2D78750.jpeg

Nightmare on Elm Street

Freddy is my hero...

I think I like him so much, because he traumatized me during the summer in Mexico 1987...

The kids across the street from my aunt's house were watching it, at night...

So, after we left (visibly shaking), we only had to walk about 40-45 yards to get to my aunt's house...

My cousins and I stood at the neighbor's front door, gauged how far it was to my aunt's house and then started counting down...

3......2......1......GO !!!!

WE FKN RAN AS FAST AS OUR LEGS WOULD ALLOW !!!!

literally, I felt like I could have outran Tyreke Hill or Usain Bolt...we ran for what felt like 2 minutes, but it was more like 10seconds 😆😆😆😆

I was 7 years old, y'all hahaha !!! my cousins were from 6 to 9 years old (they were all brothers in really close age)...

Scariest scene in a movie that I had watched in my 7 years was the part where Freddy comes out in the alley and his arms start stretching - then he goes into a dead sprint...

To a 7 year old, that's immediate trauma and for those 40 yards that we ran, the one thing I was thinking about was Freddy's arms stretching and grabbing us while we were running hahahahaha !!!!

Oh, if you haven't watched it yet, I would recommend "Haunting of Hill House"

BUT DO NOT WATCH "Haunting of Bly Manor" 😒

that show ate ass and shouldn't even be considered scary 😒

That scene was petrifying! The boiler room scenes always terrified me, too.
As a kid, I dressed as Freddie 3 consecutive Halloweens lol

Not a fan of the Nightmare on Elm street 2010. I thought it was trash. There is no Freddie without Robert Englund

That scene was petrifying! The boiler room scenes always terrified me, too.
As a kid, I dressed as Freddie 3 consecutive Halloweens lol

Not a fan of the Nightmare on Elm street 2010. I thought it was trash. There is no Freddie without Robert Englund
No Robert, No Freddy

Nightmare on Elm Street

Freddy is my hero...

I think I like him so much, because he traumatized me during the summer in Mexico 1987...

The kids across the street from my aunt's house were watching it, at night...

So, after we left (visibly shaking), we only had to walk about 40-45 yards to get to my aunt's house...

My cousins and I stood at the neighbor's front door, gauged how far it was to my aunt's house and then started counting down...

3......2......1......GO !!!!

WE FKN RAN AS FAST AS OUR LEGS WOULD ALLOW !!!!

literally, I felt like I could have outran Tyreke Hill or Usain Bolt...we ran for what felt like 2 minutes, but it was more like 10seconds 😆😆😆😆

I was 7 years old, y'all hahaha !!! my cousins were from 6 to 9 years old (they were all brothers in really close age)...

Scariest scene in a movie that I had watched in my 7 years was the part where Freddy comes out in the alley and his arms start stretching - then he goes into a dead sprint...

To a 7 year old, that's immediate trauma and for those 40 yards that we ran, the one thing I was thinking about was Freddy's arms stretching and grabbing us while we were running hahahahaha !!!!
Funny, I was a few years older and that made all the difference. The Elm street series never did squat for me.

However, I can totally relate to what you're saying. I was nine when Siskle and Ebert were doing Sneak Previews on Halloween II. They showed a clip of Michale Myers coming around a corner and walking towards Jamie Lee Curtis. Holy **** I couldn't sleep for a month.

Last night I watched Psycho with my son who's nine now. He was scared but not too freaked out. I can't imagine how freaked he'd have been watching any of those other slasher movies.

Back