• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Halloween Movie Countdown 🎃💀

I don't know how well it has held up from the 70s, but.... Invasion of the Body Snatchers

I don't understand why Jaws is a scary movie 🤔

is Cujo also considered a scary movie ??

Oh, and you know what other movie tortured me !?!? The Visit

maaaaaan, FK THAT MOVIE !!!
Never saw the visit or Cujo actually.

Jaws kept people out of the water for years. Just a great flick, esp considering that at the time people knew nothing about sharks. Now of course the idea behind it is a little absurd.

Still, it's the primal fear of being eaten alive in such a gruesome way. The opening scene is just fanfreakingtastic.

Nightmare on Elm Street

Freddy is my hero...

I think I like him so much, because he traumatized me during the summer in Mexico 1987...

The kids across the street from my aunt's house were watching it, at night...

So, after we left (visibly shaking), we only had to walk about 40-45 yards to get to my aunt's house...

My cousins and I stood at the neighbor's front door, gauged how far it was to my aunt's house and then started counting down...

3......2......1......GO !!!!

WE FKN RAN AS FAST AS OUR LEGS WOULD ALLOW !!!!

literally, I felt like I could have outran Tyreke Hill or Usain Bolt...we ran for what felt like 2 minutes, but it was more like 10seconds 😆😆😆😆

I was 7 years old, y'all hahaha !!! my cousins were from 6 to 9 years old (they were all brothers in really close age)...

Scariest scene in a movie that I had watched in my 7 years was the part where Freddy comes out in the alley and his arms start stretching - then he goes into a dead sprint...

To a 7 year old, that's immediate trauma and for those 40 yards that we ran, the one thing I was thinking about was Freddy's arms stretching and grabbing us while we were running hahahahaha !!!!

It was the exact opposite for me. Didn’t scare me one bit. After seeing the first and second I begged my dad to get me the mask/glove/sweater. My bro even took me to a lock in for the premier of the third. Locked in at 10 PM, let out at 6 AM. All 3 played with intermission in between. Had a guy running around in Freddys getup random times. I thought I was the **** being 8 hanging out all night with 18+ year olds!

My all time favorite is John Carpenter's "The Thing" with Kurt Russell.
I know it is Sci fi but my go to Halloween movie.
My #2 is also John Carpenter's "Halloween"
My #3 is "The Descent"

That was a good one! The Thing was pretty good too.
The Thing is on my list. Great psychological thriller. The use of practical effects in that movie were groundbreaking. Also helps that Kurt Russell is the man

Last edited:
It was the exact opposite for me. Didn’t scare me one bit. After seeing the first and second I begged my dad to get me the mask/glove/sweater. My bro even took me to a lock in for the premier of the third. Locked in at 10 PM, let out at 6 AM. All 3 played with intermission in between. Had a guy running around in Freddys getup random times. I thought I was the **** being 8 hanging out all night with 18+ year olds!
I got the whole fam geeked up on Freddy hahaha !!!

E3D563C8-C0CA-42DF-8DF5-A675BF29D2BE.jpeg
D5C7C6D2-0DA2-4CFD-B57A-F138159D2818.jpeg
E6AC501E-9C3D-4147-936D-579062A3B33C.jpeg
56BA3C24-E82C-4C65-9F55-562F82919613.jpeg

Back