• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hammerstem Vs Straight Stem For X-metals.. Juliet Etc.

Fit wise.. finally here is the difference. Hammerstems fit TIGHTER to the head. I have long suspected this... now i know for sure.

6736866481_61329c236e_b.jpg

I saw your pic, but i didn't believe it so i had to see for myself. The whole reason why my first pair of Juliets were the polished was because they seemed to fit better, but after taking pics of mine, i proved myself wrong too! :LOL:

Not to knock on your frames, BriP, but yours may not be the best test since your earstem is a donor and might be shaped different. It's also possible your temple shocks might be older vs newer.

I have two brand new pairs purchased direct from HQ within a 2 month time span. Neither pair has been worn. The only thing i did was make the polished frame Ichiro themed with brand new OEM green rubbers. The plasma/ice pair is untouched.

You can see they're almost exactly the same as far as fit goes. There might be discrepancies if you factor in the nose bridge, but i think it's minimal. I also took a pic just like yours matching up just the orbital and you can see they're very close, unlike your pic. The bottom pair is polished and the top pair is plasma

6737119621_d5ffdcc31f_b.jpg

Here's two more with a ruler

6737121135_20657de66d_b.jpg

6737120355_469a144bda_b.jpg

it could be the very first picture had the arms adjusted. I some times bend the arms on my xmetals to create a tighter fit

the point being both hammer and regular arms could be bent or adjusted if they feel too loose or tight. the good thing about the hammers imo is not a looser or tighter fit. it is just that it us more comfortable on your temples than the regular arms because it bows out in that area

Latest Posts

Back