• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hand Carved Oakley Moons

I will obviously wait until my 15th GOOD post, and I'll contact You first. Promise. I have to find it. Black. Thanks everyone. No, I didn't treat the wood. Just bare wood .

Eh, could be a little smoother under the hinges....

HA! Kidding of course, I couldn't do that after 10 years of apprenticeship!! WOW. :shock:

Welcome to the community, PLEASE stick around and keep contributing!

Thanks Doug. Roughing them out is the hardest part. I don't have a jigsaw, but I have a Bosch top handle Sabre saw. It's very smooth, and precision cuts are easy. You just have to plan well so that You have wood everywhere that You need it. If You look at the back, I left wood for extra contact on the nose piece. It makes it harder to cut, but they are very comfortable on my schnoz.

image.jpeg
Herd are my next victims. I think they should make a pretty cool pair of Woodys.

This is a great forum, and very motivational to me. I am starting work on my 24K XX's this week. I will make a thread so that anyone who is interested can watch them go from a board to a pair of Woakleys. I can hardly wait.
5D3E8936-93C5-40FD-8BEA-36B7B5B6FDFF_zpsb5slnejt.jpg

image.jpeg
Here are the two different ear socks on my MOONs. The black came this way from the Oakley factory. Maybe they were out of MOOM ear socks the day that they shipped my black ones. I bought the black from Oakley, and the Silver on eBay. Actually, I liked the way that the Black Ear Socks felt when wearing them.

Back